t w e n t y s e v e n

April 16th 2017
Avengers Compound - Steve's Apartment

He thought the time would never come, but finally, Steve was snapped out of his thoughts by a not so light knock at his door, the only indication he needed to tell that it was Ember.

Steve practically sprinted towards the door, despite the nervousness he felt, but his fingertips traced over the door knob, his heart beating faster than it ever had before. In the end he just told himself to man up, and swung the door open for her, revealing the girl he had waited so long to finally see.

His heart was thumping, he feared it would jump out his chest completely and Ember would have to open the door to him deceased on the ground.

"Rogers I know you're standing at the other side of the door."

"No I'm not."

"Open the door, you dork."

He couldn't make his hand move. His brain wouldn't let him. He was extremely nervous if you hadn't noticed already.

Finally he did manage to convince his brain to let his hand move to twist the doorknob, turning it ever so slowly before opening the door, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Uhm, hey." He greeted, with an awkward smile.

Ember didn't say anything back, instead, as usual, she decided to be the forward one, taking a step towards him and standing on her tip toes, crashing her lips into his.

Suddenly it made all of the nervousness and anxiety Steve was feeling that led up to this moment completely disappear as he allowed his body to fully mould into the kiss, combing his fingers into her hair and holding her head with the palm of his hand.

He was normally quite good at controlling himself, but Ember managed to set off something wild inside of him.

He managed to lift his leg without hitting Ember, and kick the door closed, before spinning Ember around and pushing her up against the wall, all without breaking the kiss, trying to hide the hardness forming between his legs from the girl in front of him.

"It's nice to be forced against the wall by you in something other than a training exercise." Ember broke the kiss, speaking with a smirk.

Steve let out a low chuckle.

"We can make this a training exercise if you want to, sweetheart." He said, his voice husky and gruff, absentmindedly pushing his hips forwards, only noticing what had happened when Embers eyes flickered from his eyes, down to his crotch, and back to his eyes again, a smirk on her face, before once again crashing her lips against his, but this time much more passionate, much more heated.

Ember had been expecting him to be good at this stuff, but their kiss was rough, much rougher than she had anticipated, and it turned her on. A lot. The heat pooling between her legs, absolutely soaking her underwear was clear evidence of that.

Steve's lips finally left her lips, and began to kiss down her neck, trying to be mindful of the fact they lived with various other people and he shouldn't leave too many visible marks, but when his lips came in contact with her perfectly silky skin, he couldn't help himself.

Ember took in a sharp intake of breath as soon as Steve begun his work down her neck, and when he hit her sweet spot, she let out a low moan, only adding to Steve's confidence, Steve making a mental note to remember that spot for later.

"You like that, sweetheart?" He asked, nipping lightly on her earlobe.

Ember was finding it difficult to hang on for much longer, she raked her fingers back into his dirty blonde hair. She was aching between her legs. She had waited so long to accept the fact that she wanted this man, and now that he was here, she didn't want to wait any longer.

"How 'bout we postpone our date a little longer?" She asked, moving her hands from his hair, to the hem of his shirt, tugging on it lightly so he knew what she wanted.

"I kinda wanted to take you on a date... Before... You know." Steve said awkwardly, feeling kinda bad after noticing the disappointment on her face, "C'mon Rose, I'm trying to be a gentleman here."

Embers lips brushed against his, she knew he wanted it just as much as she did, so teasing him with the slightest actions could tip him over the edge.

"I never asked you to be."

"Later," Steve said, his voice and body language becoming softer as he brushed a strand of her dark brown hair behind her ear, "I promise, just let me take you out first."

Ember smiled.

She hadn't had a great life, everyone here knew that, hell, she didn't even remember a few years of her life due to it being so shitty all she poured down her throat was alcohol, but she knew for sure that no one had ever treated her better than the way Steve Rogers treated her.

"So," She said sweetly, "Where are you taking me, Captain?"

He was trying to stay calm, take her out without any distractions, but god did that name coming from her lips do things to him.

He hoped Ember didn't notice the way his whole body tensed up, but with the way he reacted to her saying that, she definitely noticed.

"It's a surprise." He replied, taking hold of her hand.

"Well then," She replied, "Lead the way."

Steve had planned to do everything himself, but since he was so nervous he couldn't bring himself to leave the room in time to get everything set up, so instead, Steve asked FRIDAY to get people to sort it out for him, but to make sure Tony wouldn't find out because he would definitely get in the way due to both his overprotective nature of Ember and he would tease him for going to such lengths just for a date.

Steve locked his apartment and led Ember down and out of the Compound and onto the grounds, never letting go of her hand.

Now that he had her, he wasn't planning on loosing her.

The spring air wasn't as chilly as it usually was, and in fast had quite a nice mild breeze in the air making them able to walk around the grounds comfortably.

The only times Ember had really left the compound since coming here were for training runs with Steve, and those were absolutely hellish, so it was nice to have a change of activity while being outside.

Steve led her down the paths until you could barley see the actual building of the compound anymore, she asked him questions about his life, he answered with great detail, his face lighting up when he came across a memory he hadn't thought about in a while, or completely forgot existed, whereas Ember answered questions about her life in less detail, but Steve didn't mind, he knew her memories weren't great, he was just excited to make new ones with her that were great.

Some things she didn't have a problem talking about were her time on the run, when she'd do vigilante things.

It was something they had in common.

The more Steve learned about her blowing up random rich men's houses, the less he hated the idea and begun to understand her motives, which is more than Ember could have asked for.

He found that he could relate to some of her stories due to the fact that he also spent a period of time running from the law.

Steve caught himself staring at her when she spoke, taking in all of her features as the sunlight bounced off of her face.

He noticed that when she was with him, the smile reached her eyes, and the way her soft lips curved and moved so delicately with every word she spoke.

And her eyes, he was obsessed with her eyes. He could stare into them all day, and he would if she would let him.

They were the most beautiful shade of hazel, with flecks of every colour shining in them, visible when the light hit off of them.

She might have been a villain to everyone else, but to him she was a goddess.