CHAPTER NINETEEN ✔️

CHAPTER NINETEENAFTERMATH OFTHE ACCIDENT"i'll stay in the pool and drown"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER NINETEEN
AFTERMATH OF
THE ACCIDENT
"i'll stay in the pool and drown"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     Hospitals.

     White walls, glaring lights, the constant scent of antibacterial and the disgustingly horrible food.

     Either you hated them, or you loved them. Loved them because they saved a loved one from dying, saved some from the inevitable ending of life, giving them more time to right their wrongs. Hated them because this time, they just couldn't save the ones you cared about. The familiar structure and rooms calling back old memories you would rather be forgetting.

     After what had happened to his father, being shot and all, Archie Andrews couldn't stand hospitals. Yet, after catching wind of what had happened, here he was, standing in a waiting room full of people. All of whom were there for the same person.

     After the night of the fight outside of Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe, Sweet Pea watched Harley get hauled into her mother's car with a horrible feeling churning in the pit of his stomach. That's why he decided to follow them. He needed to make sure Harley got home safe, and he was planning to sneak into her room to make sure she was okay. But, alas, he never got the chance to.

     It had all happened so fast. That's what everyone said at the scene of an accident, right? Sweet Pea could finally understood why they all said that. In one moment, his eyes were locked on the car. The next, the car swerved widely on the road, a truck appearing out of nowhere. Sweet Pea had only seen the blaring headlights and heard the loud crash. He had barely managed to stop. Once he had, he didn't waste a second, throwing his bike carelessly to the ground as he ran towards the wreck.

     Tossing his helmet recklessly aside, he threw open the car door on the passenger seat. Without wasting a single second, he sprung into action. With a swift motion her seatbelt was unbuckled and she limply fell into his arms. Her eyes were closed, her entire face covered in tiny scars cut by shards of glass. Sweet Pea yelled out loudly: "Help! Someone help!"

     Fortunately, his yells successfully lured people out from their houses and onto the street. In turn, someone called an ambulance.

     "Miss, miss are you okay?" Sweet Pea was staring down at Harley when someone else tried helping Addison, who was still trapped in the car. He couldn't be bothered to check if she was alright, he was too preoccupied trying to check for Harley's pulse. Relief washed over the Serpent when he felt thumping against his two fingers placed on her neck. She was alive.

     When the first ambulance had arrived, Sweet Pea had made sure Harley was the first one to receive help. He needed her to be okay, and quite frankly, he blamed her mother for it all. It was probably bad of him to do so, unfair even, but hadn't she been so angry she wouldn't have been driving like a maniac.