CHAPTER ELEVEN ✔️

CHAPTER ELEVEN THE FALL OF THE BLACK HOOD"you gon have to do more then just say it"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER ELEVEN
THE FALL OF THE BLACK HOOD
"you gon have to do more then just say it"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

Avoiding Sweet Pea after their almost kiss proved to be simple. It was one of the perks of the two teenagers going to different schools. Other then the retirement party fiasco, she hadn't seen him since the quarry. Nick St. Clair was out of town, thank the heavens, and Harley prayed that he would stay in the hell hole he crawled from till the end of time.

     Winter time was here, which meant that Christmas was too. Time traveled fast, Harley noted, especially when you were busy. She had decided to focus on her school work, seeing as between Harley following Archie to the Southside that night and everything that had happened since had. . . distracted her. As well as that, she had tried spending as much time as possible with her friends. Friends that weren't trying to investigate a murder, or anything else remotely un-teenage like. Josie, Midge and Cheryl had been her main priority.

     Of course she had spent time with Jughead too, but seeing as he was in the same gang as the guy she was trying to avoid, the few times they got to hang out was either when she was working a shift at Pop's or when she invited him home to her place.

     Cheryl had her fair share of demons, which was why out of the three girls, Harley spent the least time with her. Second after Cheryl came Josie. The McCoy girl was, as always, too caught up in her music to even acknowledge anyone. She had tried her best to pay attention when Harley and her hung out, but in the end, music was her main priority. Then there was Midge. The Klump girl had Harley had spent the most time together. After all, Midge was her female best friend. It only made sense that they'd spent the most time togheter.

     Other then that, everything had been pretty calm. Almost suspiciously calm as this was Riverdale. Ever since Jason, nothing had been calm. At all.

     Well, there was one major change. Noah Byers, Harley's father, had decided to pull his act togheter. He made heroic attempt to quit drinking, and even managed to land himself a job downtown at some pharmacy. No one had been more surprised then Harley. But no one was more happy either. This made life a lot easier for her, it was like this heavy weight had been lifted off her shoulders. Now, she didn't have to constantly worry about his wellbeing. As well as that, her mom was spending more time at home then usual. It felt like things were finally going back to normal, and Harley could only hope that it lasted, though she couldn't shake the feeling that this was all too good to be true, and that soon enough reality would come crashing down on them all. Because I'm reality, people didn't just suddenly get their act together, and they certainly didn't get the happy endings.

After the party at the Whyte Wyrm, Jughead had officially broken up with Betty. Apparently the two had only been on 'a break', but Jughead had ended it for real after her performance. And they weren't the only power couple of Riverdale to meet its end. Veronica and Archie had broken up too, the very night. Kevin had complained about it to Harley a whole lot, claiming that the were end game. She was pretty sure he mentioned 'Bughead' and 'Varchie' too, whatever the hell that meant.