CHAPTER FOUR ✔️

CHAPTER FOURWALK OF SHAME"slap at the face that eats me"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER FOUR
WALK OF SHAME
"slap at the face that eats me"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     Somehow, Harley was sitting in a room alongside Kevin, Cheryl, Josie, Veronica, Archie, Reggie and Betty. There was a new addition to the group, Nick St. Clair. He was apparently one of Ronnie's old time friends back in New York, and due to her father having business with his, she was on entertainment duty. Which in turn meant that the boy got the pleasure of being introduced to Veronica's new friend.

     Most of them had already had something, or several somethings, to drink. Some were mildly tipsy while others barely even had any alcohol in their system. Betty being one of the few that barely had any. Harley hadn't had a lot to drink either, mainly because she despised alcohol. Her father had impacted the way she viewed it. Sure, she could at times get crazy, but she always harbored this deep feeling of resentment, regretting even going to the party in the first place when she got really drunk.

     To make the small party even crazier, Nick suddenly pulled out a box with what looked like straws. If Harley hadn't known better, she'd say it was, but she did know better. That box he was clutching contained drugs. Jingle jangle. Her nose scrunched up in disgust. Not only was it a stupid idea, but it was a ridiculous name. No way was she doing something called 'jingle jangle'.

     "I don't know Nick. . ." Veronica trailed off, eyeing the drugs. Sure, back in the big apple she had been quite the party girl, up for almost anything. But in Riverdale she was a different person. She didn't like the reputation her family had, and she wanted to change. Veronica wanted to do better. But with the temptations and constant reminders that Nick brought with him it was getting hard.

     "Oh come on, V." Nick pestered, practically shoving the box in her face. From across the room, Archie was seated, wearing a scowl. He had decided. He did not like this St. Clair boy. "Where's the party girl I know?"

Veronica shifted uncomfortably in her seat, which the Andrews boy noticed. He decided to speak up. "Dude, we told you that we don't—"

"No offense, but you're being an epic buzzkill." Nick interrupted the ginger. Harley found his personality repulsive, but she had to admit, he was a sight for sore eyes. "Come on V. Cut loose, like back in the old days. Aren't you suppose to be showing me a good time per daddy's orders?" He cheekily asked, continuing to pressure. Finally, Veronica gave in.

"You know what Nicky? I'm just getting going, and now that you mentioned it, I wouldn't mind some sugar to spice things up." She accepted the straw, letting him continue to hand out. Though she had vowed that she was going to change, Veronica's participation wasn't exactly a shocker. Harley only hoped that this wasn't a regular thing with the girl. The drugs, the drinking, the attitudes. . . it left a sour taste in her mouth.