CHAPTER SIXTEEN ✔️

CHAPTER SIXTEENTURNING BAD "it's second nature to walk home before the sun goes down"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
TURNING BAD
"it's second nature to walk home before the sun goes down"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     The next day came faster then Harley would have preferred. The day rolled by fairly quickly, much to her dismay. You see, at the end of the day, there was detention. Harley was a good girl, she got good grades, did what she was told. That Harley didn't get detention, or bad grades, and she certainly did not do something she wasn't supposed to. But lately it seemed that a lot of things had changed, including her. For one, she received her first B in chemistry that day. It was a disaster. Her mother would absolutely freak, and blame it all on the Southsiders. As well as that, she had literally stolen a bike from someone, candy from some store, all the whilst hanging out with a Serpent. And as if that wasn't enough, she had gone to an illegal drag race.

Harley was convinced, she was turning bad.

Actually, detention was one of the least worrisome things she had been doing lately. Harley could only hope her parents wouldn't notice the change in her behavior. Some of her friends had already. Midge had pointed it out on several occasions, and Josie as actually related to the girl on different things.

Harley slumped in her chair when the prissy looking teacher entered the room, wearing a deep scowl. "This is detention, where you will be spending one hour each day till the end of the week. I don't care for any of your excuses, you will be sitting here, in silence, doing what you're told. Today, you might as well make your self useful. You and. . . You will be cleaning out the janitors closet, the rest of you will help restocking the library."

     With her chin in the palm of her hand and her elbow propped ontop of the desk, Harley sighed. As mentioned, this was the first time ever she had been in detention. It was like she never got into trouble- actually yeah, it was just like that. Her dream ( or her mother's ) was for her to go to a elite school, more specifically Princeton. Getting detention risked jeopardizing that plan. That B would also risk her future plans. She needed to get her act togheter. Before her mother found out.

     Speaking of which, Harley was still incredibly furious at her mother. She just didn't understand. The Southside wasn't as bad as everyone made them out to be. Sweet Pea was fun to be around, he even paid for her food at Pop's even though she protested and both of them them knew he struggled with income. Toni had volunteered to do the tricky part of their presentation. And then there was Jughead. He was incredibly sweet, kind and overall an amazing human being. None of them fit the description of the reckless thugs of the Southside. Even Fangs was nice, despite his lame attempts to flirt with her.

     Harley tried her best to think about something else. Thinking about her mother made her skin boil.

     Their teacher, more specifically Mr. Jensen, had appointed Harley and someone else to clean out the janitors closet. Just my luck, she thought. Harley thought detention meant sitting in a quiet classroom for an hour, staring. Not cleaning out the janitors closet.