CHAPTER TWO ✔️

CHAPTER TWOEMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH"if i were a rose, maybe you'd pick me"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER TWO
EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH
"if i were a rose, maybe you'd pick me"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     Reggie, Harley, Archie and Moose were all seated at Pop's.

     As usual, Reggie had an arm secured safely around Harley, both of them squeezed into one booth. Across from them, Archie and Moose did the same, just not with their arms around each other.

     Harley had assure Reggie that she wasn't hungry when they ordered and that a milkshake would do, but now, she was eating all his fries. Much to his annoyance.

     "Har, I literally asked if you were hungry. I would've bought you your own fries." He complained, trying to pull the tray of French fries away from her. She rolled her eyes, reaching for them.

     "Yeah, well I wasn't hungry when you asked. But now I am." She said, snatching the fries from his grasp. "Besides, sharing is caring."

     Reggie rolled his eyes at the stubborn girl, but nonetheless gave in. Archie was watching a brow arched. He hadn't expected her and Reggie to hook up, but here they were, acting like a couple. He wasn't too sure that they weren't, actually. It wasn't that the duo was totally unexpected. The cheerleader and the jock was a tale as old as time, but for some reason Archie just figured the girl would go for someone with. . . more brain cells than a shoe.

     After that, Moose and Reggie continued a conversation about football, something Harley knew little to nothing about. Archie sat in silence, his mind elsewhere. His eyes landed on Harley when she decided to speak to him.

     "How's Fred?" Not long ago, Archie Andrews' father Fred was shot in the very Chocklit shoppe they were seated in. No one knew who had done it, seeing as the one had bend wearing a black mask at the time. He took no money, just entered, shot Fred  and left. The thought alone made a shiver run down Harley's spine. Who would do something so cruel for no apparent reason at all? It was beyond Harley.

     Archie offered her a smile, grateful that she was asking him about his father's wellbeing. Not a lot of people had. She probably just did it to make a conversation, but he still appreaciated it. "He's good. Well, as good as one can be after getting shot." He added an awkward laugh at the tail end of the sentence.

     "Yeah. . . They got any idea who did it?" Harley. A cold look grazed his face. He shook his head, muttering a 'no'. Harley offered him an apologetic look, as if to apologize for brining it up. Archie was bothered by it, more so then he'd like to admit. It was normal for one to worry after such a traumatic incident, but Archie found himself awake every night, sitting at the bottom of the stairs case clutching a baseball bat just in case whoever had done it decided to come by and finish the job. For now, the man behind the dark deed had been labeled the Black Hood.