CHAPTER EIGHT ✔️

CHAPTER EIGHTROOFIED BY A NEW YORKER"lips meet teeth and tongue"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER EIGHT
ROOFIED BY A NEW YORKER
"lips meet teeth and tongue"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     Harley wasn't quite sure why she was there, but currently she was standing amongst Riverdale's finest, sipping expensive champagne from a glass.

     The Lodges was hosting a party, and Veronica had practically begged Harley to attend with her. To be honest, this wasn't exactly her scene. Harley was more of a house party type of gal, not the fancy wine drinking party type. But what don't we do for our friends, right? Especially menacingly convincing ones like Veronica Lodge.

     After discovering that Mayor McCoy and Sheriff Keller was having an affair, the trio had made their way to Pop's. There they sat in silence, none of them really knowing what to do or say. The boys, being Jughead and Archie, was there too, looking just as distraught as them. They had decided not to bother them. The trio had also debated whether or not telling Kevin about this was a good idea. Harley had never been that close to the boy, so she let the two other girls discuss it. In the end they opted for not telling the Keller boy, as it would do more harm then good. In times like this, Kevin needed to believe his father was still a good guy.

     Kevin was one of the few in Riverdale with a pure heart of gold. Harley could recall him coming to her aid the first time they'd met. She was peacefully playing at the local playground when the Keller boy noticed another boy their age picking on her. He had pushed her, causing her to stumble and fall into the mud where she had ruined her brand new dress. Kevin had not hesitated to tell the boy off, not giving a damn that the girl was only a stranger. If Kevin hadn't been playing for the other team, Harley would sure as hell made a move on him. If only all the boys were like him.

     As mentioned, Harley and Kevin was never that close, but they were close enough that Harley knew he deserved the world.

     Veronica couldn't be said the same about. Well, at least not in the very moment. The Lodge girl had stranded Harley by the bar, surrounding by a sea of sophisticated people that she had little to no idea who was. Harley made a mental note to give Ronnie a piece of her mind after this party. Never was she ever giving in to Veronica's begging again. Ever.

     Harley leaned her elbows against the bar she was standing by, eyes widening when Alice Cooper marched into the party. Or more so what she was wearing. The Cooper mom strutted in, flashing her body as she sported a red romper with a snake skin pattern, a pair of high heels and her hair widely hanging down. Harley spun around, emptying the remains of her glass. Was she drunk? She had to have been seeing things.

     "This night just keeps getting weirder and weirder." Harley mumbled to herself, her elbows propped ontop of the counter. Soon enough, someone pulled up beside her, copying her pose, ordering a drink. She recognized the dark hair styled professionally into a quiff. Nick St. Clair, Veronica's friend from the party the other day.