CHAPTER FIVE ✔️

CHAPTER FIVETO PUNCH A SERPENT"you got me feeling emotions"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER FIVE
TO PUNCH A SERPENT
"you got me feeling emotions"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     On rare occasions did Harley's parents ever pull their act togheter and do something for Harley.

     In fifth grade she had a Romeo and Juliette play that was going to be shown to all the parents of the kids in the play. Harley wasn't the leading role, she was a small person in the background, but they had practiced the play for weeks and it had been the only thing she ever spoke about for those weeks. Then, when the big day rolled in, everyone's parents were in the crowd, watching their kids proudly. Everyone, except Harley's. Her dad was passed out in the living room as per usual, and her mother was at work.

     She had thrown a tantrum, but no had really been there to witness it. That was also the day she learned she could never rely on anyone but herself, for anything, wether it was for them to do something for her, or just to simply be there. The only person she could trust was Jughead.

     From there on, her parents missed most of the parent teacher conferences, when the teachers called in for a meeting when she was slacking her school no one bothered to show but her. She was used to it, it was fine.

     But apparently today was different.

     Everyone was gathered in the Cooper home. Mayor McCoy and her daughter Joise, Reggie and his mother, Betty and her mom Alice (they were hosting), Archie with his dad Fred, Veronica with both her parents, Cheryl with her mom, Kevin with his father Sheriff Keller and finally Harley with her mother.

     Her mother was wearing a displeased look and a scowl. She was obviously grumpy that she was missing work to talk about how her kid had been at a party where they took jingle jangle. Hadn't she raised her kid to know better?

"Alice, thank you for hosting." Mayor McCoy broke the silence in the room, a friendly yet uptight smile forced on her lips as she thanked the Cooper mom. Joise was seated beside her wearing a bored, but somewhat guilty expression. None of them really knew how the parents figured it out, but Harley simply guessed that one of them were stupid enough to go home high as a kite.

     "Of course Mayor McCoy." Alice replied, sitting upright in her chair with a fake smile to match her personality. "When I heard what happened at Nick's party, I decided that we should come togheter to deal with the motley crew of liars, dope-fiends and fornicators. Expect for, of course, my Betty who was smart enough to leave the party before it descended into a bacchanalian free for all." Harley's mother nodded in agreement.

     "And my daughter, Harley, of course, who also was bright enough to leave without touching the drugs." She praised Harley. The Byers daughter simply scoffed, knowing that she was far from as pleased with her as she was sounding.