CHAPTER THIRTEEN ✔️

CHAPTER THIRTEENDATE OR NO DATE"why you gotta be so cute"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
DATE OR NO DATE
"why you gotta be so cute"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     Don't ask why, because you won't receive an answer, but Harley Byers was currently standing in her room, stressing over something to wear for tonight.

     She had fanned through her entire closet, tried on four different outfit, and made a complete mess of her entire room. Harley wasn't the type to stress over her outfit for a date, so she wasn't sure why she was feeling this way all of a sudden. Hell, she wasn't even sure if it was a date. On one side, it seemed odd for a guy to ask her out at eight am on a school night just to hang out as friends. Then again, why in holy hell would a Southsiders, let alone a Serpent, invite a Northsider on a date? None of this made sense.

     Yet another pair of jeans were sent hurling across the room, crashing into the pile of clothes located beside her bed. Harley groaned loudly in defeat. Even with a closet packed with clothes, it felt as if she had nothing to wear. No cute heels, no fancy jackets. No nothing.

     What do one even wear when you're going on a 'date' with a gang member? Do you dress like you're one of them? No, that makes you appear like a wannabe. Do you go all in with a fancy dress, a full face of makeup and high heels? Fuck no. You don't want to seem desperate or over dressed. "Why does this have to be so hard?"

     When a second article of clothing hit the wall, this time being a pair of wedgies, a person barged into the room. Harley's mother, Addison, stared wide eyed at the mess, before a smile broke out on her face. "Tell me, who is he?" She asked, a cheeky grin smacked onto her lips. Harley jumped, startled by her mother's sudden appearance, still not used to the woman actually being present.

     "What? Who?" Harley said, deciding to play dumb. She knew that there was no way her mother was ever letting her leave the house if she knew that she was going on a 'date' with a Southsider, let alone a serpent. Reggie Mantle and Harley's parents shared the same amount of hatred for them.

     "Don't play dumb with me, sweetheart." Addison said, stepping into the room with a smug look. "I was your age once too, you know? I know that look on your face, and the looks of this room. You my dear, is going on a date. Now, tell me who with?"

     "No one important." She responded, inspecting a pair of heels. "And it's not a date."

     "Mhm." Her mother hummed unconvinced, taking a seat on the edge of Harley's bed. "Want any help looking for an outfit for this not date? I happen to be an expert."

     It was unusual to have a mother present, let alone having her mettle and trying to bond. Harley was good on her own, she always and been. She'd spent so much time feeling disdain for both her parents that she had no idea how to act, or feel, now that they both were putting in an effort. Harley had spent so many sleepless nights wishing for this moment to come, but now that it was her, she almost couldn't believe it. And with her mother trying to become her best friend? It was all too much, too fast.