CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY TWOSERPENT SLUT"baby, am i your little secret?"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
SERPENT SLUT
"baby, am i your little secret?"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

After the drama of the previous night, morning rolled by like nothing had ever happened, and followed by it was school and the news of yet another murder. According to Kevin Keller, someone had found the dead body in a motel room at the outskirt of town. A single bullet to the brains, blood splattered everywhere. Unbeknownst to Harley, Archie, Veronica and Betty were all equally as distraught over the revelation, all for different reasons. While Veronica was worried her father was responsible, Archie was worried for much different reasons. You see, just the previous night he had handed Hiram Lodge a vital piece of information that may or may not have been the motive behind the murder. Betty? Well, she was relieved to find out the body was found at a motel and not the old sewer pipes in the woods. . .

Harley found the news deeply unsettling, the murder reminding her of the Black Hood which in turn reminded her of the threatening messages she had received when it all had gone down. She tried settling her anxiety over it with the comfort of not having received any more, but she couldn't help the nagging feeling that she hadn't heard the last of the mystery person texting her. As well as that, the previous night was haunting her mind. The words Sweet Pea had uttered at her had stung deeply, mostly because she was afraid they were true. What if she was no better than her very own mother? The thought sent a chill down her spine.

The weather outside was grey and somber, matching Harley's mood. With the residents of sunny side trailer park risking eviction, Jughead was more agitated than ever. Understandably so, of course. And after the Pickens day protests that Hiram Lodge had swiftly shut down, Jughead had quite the axe to grind with the man.

     With earbuds shoved in her ears with loud music blasting, Harley entered the school. Thoughts were clouding her minds, so much so that she barely even noticed the crowd gathered in the hallway. Coincidentally enough just by her locker. With confusion written on her face, Harley pulled out her earbuds, pushing gently through the crowd to reach the locker. "What's going on?" The girl questioned as he made her way towards her locker.

     A hand fell on her shoulder, tugging her back. "Har, I wouldn't. . ." Midge attempted to stop her friend, but Harley pulled away from her grip. She finally made it through the crowd, eyes falling on the scene before her.

     The eerily similar scene that had happened once before with Betty Cooper was now scarring Harley's own locker. Written in thick blood, the writing on her locker wrote 'Serpent slut'. Harley's breath hitched in her throat at the sight, her eyes falling on the object just underneath the writing. A heart, cold bloody heart, with a knife piercing it. The knife not only held up the heart, but a printed black and white picture of Harley in Sweet Pea's arms that day in the gym. "Oh my god." Harley choked, the back of her hand pressed against her mouth.