CHAPTER SEVENTEEN ✔️

CHAPTER SEVENTEENA BLOSSOM SOIRÉE "i'd rather be with you"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
A BLOSSOM SOIRÉE
"i'd rather be with you"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

Harley stood silently on the sidewalk, smiling shyly up at Sweet Pea, kicking some pebbles off the sidewalk. His motorcycle was switched off, but he was still straddling it. Harley had handed him back the helmet she had borrowed, to which he accepted. The two stood in silence, no words being exchange, the both of them simply enjoying the comfortable silence in the company of one another.

It wasn't like Harley was an awkward teen ( okay, maybe just a little ), but she had the bad habit of rambling whenever she was nervous, as she always wanted to avoid an awkward silence. However, this was never the case between her and Sweet Pea. The two could be silent for forever, yet no awkward silence occurred. It was one of the things Harley enjoyed tremendously about spending time with him.

Her mind was racing. The other times she had been on the back of his motorcycle, it had been urgent. They were either escaping from a high school being raided, or from an illegal drag race, both of which times they were running from the cops. This time was different. There was no rush to reach their destentation. The two could simply enjoy the ride, and Sweet Pea was certainly relishing in the feeling of Harley's arms secured around him.

He too found himself enjoying her company, just as much as she enjoyed his, if not more. He wasn't used to the whole 'taking it slow' type thing. He was used to the criminal activities of the Southside, and the one night stands with people he'd never see again. But it was different with Harley. It just all came naturally. Things happened at their own pace, and he appreciated it. It made him feel at ease, comfortable.

Harley was the first to break the silence. "I'd invite you inside, but my parents are here. Could've snuck you in, but they're kind of anti-gang type people." She joked. He chuckled.

     Her mother would literally have had a seizure if she could read Harley's mind.

"I'd accept, but my own bed sounds a little more tempting right now." He joked back. She chuckled as well.

"Oh, my bed is guaranteed softer then yours, Sweets." The nickname rolled of her tongue sweetly, her tone teasing. A smirk spread across his face.

"Is that an invitation, Princess?" A cocky look was plastered on his face. Harley was used to guys shamelessly flirting with her, but for some reason, his cheeky word caused her face to heat up. A grin broke out on her face as she redirected her attention over to the ground, avoiding his eyes burning into her head.

     "What if it is?" She looked back up. Slowly, Sweet Pea eased of his bike, planting both feet on the ground infront of her. He looked down, practically towering over her smaller frame. He dipped his head down, his breath fanning over her face.