chapter eleven

**words in bold are when they're speaking english

━━━ ˚‧₊ february 2020₊‧˚━━━

Narae was dancing and enjoying herself when she felt arms encircle her waist and a pair of lips at her ear. She was about to turn around and curse the fuck out of whoever was touching her without permission, but a familiar voice speaking into her ear stopped her.

"Been looking all over for you, Rae."

"JJ!" Narae squealed, immediately turning around in his arms and hugging him tightly. She pulled back slightly to look him in his eyes before leaning in again to capture his lips with hers in a kiss.

"I've missed you what the fuck! Why do I never get to see you?" She said, still in his embrace, overjoyed by his presence.

"That's all on you miss superstar. You know I'd come to you if you asked."

To say Narae was happy to see him was an understatement. JJ, or his actual name, Jung Jinhyeong, was one of her best friends. They first met all the way back in 2015, and after their awkward initial meeting they had since become the best of the friends – and something a little more.

Though they called themselves "best friends", their relationship was anything but conventional or strictly platonic. A better, more accurate label would be best friends with benefits. They had first hooked up in 2017 after the release party for Narae's debut album. She was high off the vibes and energy of the night and there was an attractive man who was looking at her like he wanted her just as much as she wanted him. And man, was he attractive.

Jinhyeong was relatively tall, with a lean build and tanned skin. He currently had tousled black hair which framed his face perfectly and emphasized his impressive jawline. His pouty lips, doe eyes and mole on the side of his nose however, gave him a more angelic appearance, and was the inspiration behind Narae's other nickname for him. A stronger woman wouldn't have been able to resist him.

Since that day they had gone through on and off periods of hooking up and not. They remained exclusive during the on periods and were free to see anyone they wished during off periods. Either one was free to call it off at any point and the other would agree, not bound by any obligation to each other. They were currently in their on period, though their schedules – Narae's mainly – restricted the amount that they could actually meet up.

For Narae, he was someone she could trust and have fun with whilst managing her growing career, and for Jinhyeong, he just really liked her. Narae liked the arrangement because there were no feelings were involved, apart from those of platonic love and pure sexual attraction. It was an arrangement that didn't make sense to many others, but worked for them.

Jinhyeong's hands slipped dangerously low on her hips, "What's been up with you Rae? I heard you came in with BTS."

"Oh that's true, I never told you! We're working on an album together right now, but news isn't out yet, so keep it on the low."

"Anything for you princess." He said, lifting her right hand and placing a soft kiss on the back of it before returning his hand to its original position on her hips.

Narae laughed, shaking her head at his actions, "Do you want to meet them? We can do shots together?"

Jinhyeong shrugged, "Sure thing. I've always wanted to, but never got the chance."

Narae took him by the hand and led him to where the boys were lounging in one of the booths, positioning herself in front of Jinhyeong and wrapping his arms around her waist as she made introductions. "Hey everyone, this is Jung Jinhyeong, I wanted him to meet you guys."