chapter twenty-seven

━━━ ˚‧₊ may 2020₊‧˚━━━

A few days later, Yoongi had finally released his highly anticipated second mixtape, D-2, and the members plus Narae had planned a mini-party to celebrate.

Narae had done her best with decorations – mainly just balloons and streamers – and had ordered the most adorable Daechwita Yoongi cake from a nearby bakery as her own baking skills were less than satisfactory.

As they arranged themselves in the living room, ready to listen to Yoongi's mixtape, they were startled by the ringing of the doorbell. Narae made her way to the door confused as she wasn't expecting anyone else to be joining them, and was thoroughly surprised when she opened the door and saw it was Asa.

"Hi? I didn't know you were coming today?"

Asa strode past her casually, giving her a quick hug as she spoke, "Hey. Yoongi was the one that invited me."

"Oh." Narae watched as Yoongi bounded over a wide smile on his face before enveloping Asa in a tight hug, a similar smile occupying her face. "Oh."

Narae's eyes darted back and forth between the two as they exchanged words, a thrilled smile growing on her face as she took note of their close proximity and body language – she wanted to explode with happiness. She wasn't even mad that Asa hadn't told her that they were a thing, she was too busy being excited for her. Asa's last relationship had ended quite badly, but Narae knew that Yoongi would treat her right, he was a total sweetheart and complete romantic.

Finishing up her conversation with Yoongi, Asa walked back over to Narae and flicked her forehead, "Relax, it's not that deep, I can practically hear your thoughts."

Asa knew that Narae was probably getting caught up in her fantasies. Her and Yoongi weren't anything official yet, they were just taking it easy and didn't want the pressure of having any labels for the time being. She liked where they were at now, taking the time to really get to know each other before moving into anything too quickly.

Narae pouted, but reluctantly listened and tried to calm her overactive imagination that was already picturing their wedding. A thought suddenly occurred to her, "I feel bad though. If I knew you were coming I would have invited Tianna as well, I don't want her to feel like we're leaving her out ."

"Oh she wouldn't have even been able to make it. She's busy today." Hoseok interjected, having heard the tail end of their conversation.

For the second time in the span of five minutes, Narae was once again confused. Since when did these boys have direct lines to her best friends?

She didn't know if she should be happy that her two groups of friends were getting along, or if she should be sad that they seemed to doing so without her. Ultimately, she decided to be happy – she wasn't a jealous person by nature and now she knew that she could organise more things where both groups would be involved, and not be worried about it being awkward.

Content with her decision, she joined the rest of them on the couch where they listened as D-2 played and Yoongi explained to them the meaning behind each song and the entire mixtape creation process.

✩ ✩ ✩

It was an understatement to say that they all loved Yoongi's latest release. They had been showering him with praise the whole night, leading his ears to burn red and Asa to smile fondly at his shyness.

They were currently on the seventh song, People, and all were focused intently as they listened to the track. When the vocals for the chorus came in, Narae's head snapped up so fast she almost got whiplash.