chapter seventeen (part two)

━━━ ˚‧₊ march 2020₊‧˚━━━

The group easily fell into conversation, Tianna and Asa fitting seamlessly with the boys, the former being her usual friendly self, the latter contributing when necessary, but occasionally whispering to Yoongi who hadn't really taken his eyes off of her since he walked into the room.

"So I saw your new album has just come out, congrats on that!" Tianna praised them. Map of The Soul: 7 had been released late last month and had been met with astounding reviews.

"Yes, we're promoting that right now, balancing it with work for this next album. Have the rest of you listened to it yet?" Jimin asked the girls.

They all nodded. It was BTS – of course they'd listened to it.

"Which songs were your favourite?" He pressed on, a mischievous smile on his face.

Narae was the first to answer, "To be honest, I loved all of them. It really is a solid body of work."

"That's such a copout Narae-yah, you have to name a favourite! No time to be diplomatic!" Namjoon said whilst smiling, his dimples on full display.

"Ah.. okay, okay!" Narae thought for a second before answering, "I'd say.... Moon. Definitely Moon. Your voice on that was magical and I loved the lyrics and meaning behind it Jin-oppa."

"Nice to see you have taste." Jin quipped, but was secretly pleased at her response. He sometimes felt overlooked in comparison to the other vocalists, so it was nice to hear Narae single his song out as her favourite.

"Tianna what about you? Don't let me down sweetheart." Jimin implored, pouting cutely as he said so.

She laughed, bumping her shoulder with his, "Filter was impressive... but my favourite is definitely On. The choreography for that was insane. Sienna is a beast."

Hoseok spoke directly to her for the first time the whole night, "You know her?"

Surprised that Hoseok was addressing her without any contempt or his usual side comments, Tianna responded on instinct, "Yeah that's my girl, we've gone to a few of each other's classes before. She's insanely talented."

Hoseok hummed in response, seeming already disinterested. "Cool I guess."

Tianna stared at him for a beat longer with her eyes slightly narrowed before she decided to just let it go. He's such a little bitch.

She turned her focus to Asa instead, "What about you Ash, what were your favourites?"

"I liked Intro: Persona. And Shadow too." Namjoon cheered and Yoongi smiled at that. Asa continued, "I also liked Boy with Luv."

"Really?" Tianna was shocked, much like the rest of the boys around the table. Boy With Luv was so upbeat, colourful and fun... Their assumptions were pretty self-explanatory.

"What?" Asa was confused as to why everyone seemed so stunned by her revelation. She shrugged her shoulders as she spoke, "I fuck with Halsey."

This made Narae laugh, knowing just how much Asa loved Halsey.

From there, conversation flowed as the night progressed and stomachs were filled.

✩ ✩ ✩

Jungkook noticed that the japchae was running low and reached for it to offer it to Narae but Asa had already beaten him to it, leaning across the table to feed Narae the last portion. Her hand hovered under the other one holding the spoon to prevent spillage.