chapter thirty-seven

━━━ ˚‧₊ august 2020₊‧˚━━━

Narae had gotten so used to being at BigHit that it was slightly weird to be back at Feel Ghood Entertainment again. She had returned to celebrate the release of her solo single off the upcoming album, and looking around the walls she had last seen the month prior, everything was both familiar and unfamiliar.

She had arrived earlier in the day for her monthly scheduled meeting with her team and the CEO for updates – and also to catch up with BIBI, her good friend and the other soloist under the label. Though she had undeniably become adjusted to her new place of residence, Feel Ghood was still her first musical home, and will always remain as such. Though it was weird to be back, it was comforting to be back on her own turf for her new release.

Promotions had been intense the past few weeks, with teasers, concept photos and even a countdown leading up to the release of dangerous woman. Anticipation built up even more once it was revealed that Suga was the one that had produced the track. As news of the upcoming collaboration album still hadn't been shared with the public, it was decided that she should host her mandatory live back at her own label to maintain appearances and keep it all under wraps.

She was currently seated in her favourite studio, hosting a live for her fans to answer all their questions about the song, and also reveal some more behind the scenes information about the production process. Narae read out the next question, a relaxed smile on her face as she did so. If there was one thing she loved about her job, it was talking to her fans.

"So I'm seeing that a lot of you want to know how the collaboration happened?" Narae played with the ends of her hair as she tried to figure out how to phrase her answer so that she wouldn't give anything away, "It's not really an interesting story sorry. Suga made the track and sent it over. I wrote some lyrics and then went over there to record it. We obviously had to make some edits, re-record and add new parts which took a few months, but that's really it."

She swiftly moved on to the next question.

" 'What was it like working with Suga?' Hm.... It was a really nice process actually. He's super professional and insanely talented so working with him wasn't a struggle. It was definitely a great experience that I wouldn't mind doing again."

She quickly scanned the comments again, struggling to keep up with the flurry of questions that increased even more after her admission. Narae had been told by her management that it was okay to tease a future collaboration to generate hype, but not outright spoil the comeback before they had the chance to make their official statement.

They reminded her this based more on habit than necessity. Her track record for spoiling things was clean – it was Asa, funnily enough, that always seemed to accidentally let things slip back when they were in ECLIPSE.

Narae decided to ask a question of her own instead, "What did you guys think of the song? What was your favourite bit?"

The smile on her face never left, in fact, it widened as she read the comments. Most people had commented that the whole song was the best part, but a substantial amount had mentioned that they loved the guitar solo leading into the last chorus.

"I'm glad you all liked it! A little fact for you all: Asa was the one playing the guitar in the solo actually." She laughed as she recalled the memory, "Me and Yoongs were so frustrated because we felt like the song was lacking something, but couldn't figure it out. I called her up and she came in to save us like some sort of musical Avenger – after the first listen she already knew what we should do. She is literally the best."