chapter thirteen

━━━ ˚‧₊ february 2020₊‧˚━━━

Jungkook didn't know he was feeling. Aside from the pounding headache and nausea that he knew was a result of the excessive drinking he had partaken in the night before, his feelings were all a mess.

After he had witnessed Narae and Jinhyeong sex it up on the dancefloor, he'd gone to the bathroom to try and escape the uncomfortable feeling in his chest. Whilst in there, it was as if all the drinks consumed in Narae's games had hit him all at once. When he had come back to the booth, she was gone and all the boys decided to drink even more despite their already drunken states. This was clearly not a wise decision judging by the way there were all currently in various states of pain, sprawled across the couches and the floor of the living room.

Their eyes all snapped to the door when they heard the sound of it opening. Narae came into view looking like a deer caught in headlights.

Moon Narae.

He couldn't understand the mix of emotions coursing through him upon seeing her fresh face, her body bundled in oversized clothing that clearly didn't belong to her. Irritation? Happiness? Relief?

He couldn't like her could he?

Sure, he was attracted to her and thought she was the most beautiful and captivating woman he'd ever seen, but he barely knew her beyond that. How could he possibly say he liked her? It must be the hangover talking, Jungkook mused.

Narae's voice cut into his thoughts.

"Um, hi? I brought some hangover soup and medicine if you guys wanted it?" she said, lifting the bags in her hand.

Why did she have to be so sweet?

Taehyung groaned before sitting up completely from his previous horizontal position, "You're a lifesaver."

The boys mumbled their agreement, unable to make much sounds beyond grunts. Namjoon stood up to take the bags from Narae and led her to where everyone was.

Gradually, one by one, they sat up and collected the utensils to eat. They chatted over the food, discussing the previous night and what had happened once Narae had left.

"Narae-yah you should have seen it. Yoongi-hyung was absolutely dominating the dance floor!" J-Hope was telling her, mimicking the elder member's movements.

"Yah, shut up." Yoongi grumbled, embarrassed.

Narae couldn't stop laughing, she couldn't even begin to imagine what he looked like, "Omg I wish I was there – or there was video evidence at least!"

"Hobi I don't know why you're talking so much, you were the one throwing up in the bathroom because you couldn't handle the last round of drinks!" Jin interjected.

"Ugh, don't remind me." Hobi groaned, "I'm never doing another tequila shot!"

"That's what you say now." Narae told him, speaking from experience. Jungkook watched the way her eyes crinkled as she laughed, amused by what she knew was an empty declaration.

"No but seriously Narae-yah, we had so much fun with you! Next time don't leave so early!" Jimin playfully scolded Narae.

Next time? They want to go out with me again? A wide smile spread across her face, eyes glittering, "Yes, of course! Next time I'll definitely spend the whole night with you all!"

"You've got to run those games by me again though. I absolutely cannot lose again." Jungkook told her, wanting to see that radiant smile directed at him. His prayers were answered when she turned to smile at him, the sight making his hangover feel like a distant memory.