chapter fifty-one

━━━ ˚‧₊ march 2021₊‧˚━━━

"Guess who's going to Belgium?"

"No fucking way." Narae breathed out, her excitement already brimming over.

In Jungkook's hands were two tickets to see 'David Suchet – Poirot and More, a Retrospective in Brussels'. It was an intimate live event where the audience would be able to meet the actor behind Agatha Christie's murder mystery show Poirot and spend the evening learning about the man behind his most famous role.

Narae was absolutely obsessed with British murder mysteries. Over the past year whenever they had time, her and Jungkook would watch them together. It had started off with Death in Paradise on her fateful 22nd birthday, and had soon branched into Poirot, Sherlock, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries and many others. Poirot though, was one of her favourites of all time.

When the tour dates had been finalized, Narae had been upset to find out that they wouldn't be visiting Belgium, the country where the titular character, Hercules Poirot was from. She had been even more saddened when she learnt that she wouldn't even be able to attend the live show, as tickets sold out before she even knew about the event. Yet, here Jungkook was, presenting her with two of them and telling her she'd be able to go after all.

She launched herself at him and wrapped her arms around his neck, placing kisses all over his face in between words. "Thank you thank you thank you!"

He spun her around once before placing her back down on the floor. "You're welcome. The plane leaves in two hours, and you still need to get to the airport so go pack your stuff."

Narae bounced excitedly on the balls of her feet and dragged him into the bedroom so she could start packing. "Help me pick out my clothes! What should I bring?"

Her enthusiasm was contagious and he beamed back happily at her, heading over to the drawers to look through her clothes.

"Well you'll be walking around a bit because I booked a guided tour of Brussels so comfortable shoes for sure. Maybe something nice for the live show, and if you want to do dinner afterwards. And then the flight back is early tomorrow afternoon so you can just wear what you wear to travel today. It's the middle of March, so it's not exactly warm – you'll need a coat."

"Okay, okay!" Narae nodded to herself as she rifled through the wardrobe. "Tell me what you're wearing, I want us to match – it will be so cute!"

"Oh.." Jungkook's smile dropped as he winced. He'd forgotten to make one thing clear. "I'm not coming."

Narae's expression fell immediately, turning around to face him, "You're not? Why?"

They'd been touring together for the past few months and most nights slept in the same room, however, they rarely got to spend proper quality time with each other. Days were either filled with practices, interviews or catching up on sleep whilst nights were dedicated to concerts, travelling and late night show appearances. When he told her she was going to Belgium, she had been overjoyed at spending some uninterrupted time with him, but that illusion had been quickly shattered.

"I just didn't think it would be a good idea you know, in case someone sees us together."

Of course that was the reason. She should have never expected otherwise.

Jungkook carried on talking as he continued searching through the drawer of clothes, "I got tickets so that Asa can go with you instead though. She's waiting for you as soon as you're ready, so let me know and I'll call the driver round to take you both to the airport."