chapter twenty-nine

━━━ ˚‧₊ may 2020₊‧˚━━━

Narae wandered into the living room where the boys had congregated. They had a full day off so a few of them were lounging there, happy to spend the day chilling. Narae was meeting Sol for a long-awaited much-needed brunch and was going to head out as soon as she found her last accessory.

"Hey did any of you guys see my bag?" As soon as she said it, she instantly regretted her wording. Her saying it in Korean did nothing to deter Taehyung and Jimin who, as if on cue, got up and started singing and dancing.

"Did you see my bag? Did you see my bag? It's hella trophies and it's hella thick"

She lived with idiots.

"It's the mint green one and it has my wallet in it?" Narae tried again but was overpowered by the singing duo.

"What you think 'bout that? What you think 'bout that? I bet it got my haters hella sick"

It was no use, even the Jin had joined in, adding his voice from the kitchen.

"Another trophy my hands carry em, too many that I can't even count them"

That was Namjoon. Narae shot him a look, as if to say "not you too." which he pretended not to see. She turned to Hoseok who only shrugged. He thought she deserved the light-hearted teasing for always leaving her shit lying around. He almost missed the days when she was too shy to make a mess.

Exasperated, she decided that she'd just take a different coloured bag and leave them to it, Sol could pay for her anyway. She was the youngest out of all of the boys, but from time to time felt like she had gained seven annoying younger siblings. This was definitely one of those times.

Flipping them off as she walked away, she quickly found her other bag and put her phone, lipgloss and charger in them before jetting off outside to where her driver was waiting for her. She yelled out a quick goodbye on her way out and didn't wait for a response, still hearing the sounds of their singing as she left.

✩ ✩ ✩

"SOL MY LIGHT!"

"MY RAE OF SUNSHINE!"

The two girls enveloped each other in a tight hug, rocking side to side as they saw each other for the first time in months. Out of all of the ECLIPSE members, Narae saw Yoon Sol the most, being that as an actress, she was the only one that was permanently based in South Korea. However, the time in between their visits was always much too long for them to bear, which always made every reunion dramatic.

If Asa and Narae were soulmates, Narae and Sol were partners in crime. Individually they were relatively normal, but together they were a chaotic mess, feeding off of each other's energy. When they were together, they were like Tweedledum and Tweedledumber.

They decided to take their seats in the restaurant, not too bothered about the looks they were receiving, more concerned with catching up with each other.

"Sol baby, how have you been? I feel like it's been forever even though I talk to you basically every day."

"I know! I miss seeing your stupid face all the time." Sol poked a tongue out after she said that, "But to answer your question I've been good, currently filming a new TV series which I've already told you about. I met someone as well, but we can get onto that later. What about you? How's life on your end with the boy scouts?"

Narae's mouth dropped open in shock, "No fucking way. You got yourself a boyfriend?" Narae whisper-yelled, aware that anyone could be listening to that particular part of their conversation, though they were in a more secluded area of the restaurant. "You absolutely need to give me every single detail, like I'm not even joking."