chapter forty-eight

━━━ ˚‧₊ march 2021₊‧˚━━━

"So my child has finally remembered that she has a home!"

"Hello to you too mummy." Narae rolled her eyes at her mum's dramatics as she greeted her with a hug at the door of her house.

They had finally gotten to the European leg of the tour and would be spending the next few days in England for the two concerts in Wembley Stadium on March 8th and 10th, falling on the days before hers and Yoongi's birthdays.

Narae was absolutely buzzing, London was her special place, it was where she had grown up and where she'd received the greatest support. She had prepared something special for both nights of the tour, featuring rarely performed songs and a guest performance from one of her closest industry friends. She was looking forward to the stages and to show Bangtan around her city.

They also had a mini-break after the two concerts before they started jet setting again, so it would be nice to spend some extra time in her hometown. Plus, it meant she got to see her parents after months of FaceTimes, texts and calls - it'd been almost a year since she last saw them in person. Their last meeting was over summer when Jong-won and Omasan had dropped by Seoul on their way to Japan for a quick holiday.

"Is that my favourite child I hear?" A baritone voice called out happily as she crossed the threshold and walked further into the house to the kitchen.

Cue another eye roll from Narae. "I'm your only child appa."

"And you're still my favourite!' He dried his hands on his pink apron and rushed over to wrap her up in a bear hug. "It's good to see you stingray."

Narae relaxed in the warmth of her father's embrace. He always did give the best hugs and today was no exception. This was really what coming home felt like.

He pulled away and sent her a stern look, "Have you been eating properly? You feel smaller. And your cheeks!" He reached out and prodded them with his forefinger. "Where did they go?"

Narae swatted his hand away with a smile, he was always fussing over her but she didn't mind. "I've been touring so of course I'll lose some. Other than that, Jin and Jungkook always make sure I eat properly, so you don't need to worry."

"Hmm." Jong-won didn't look convinced but he nodded solemnly, his mind completely made up. "I'll just have to make sure to feed you well whilst you're here. What time are the boys coming for dinner again? I want to make sure I have everything set and ready to go."

There's no way that they'd be in England and BTS wouldn't meet Narae's parents. They'd heard stories about them from Narae, and spoken to her mum on a few occasions when she called, but they hadn't met face-to-face yet and had never spoken to her dad. It was also Jungkook's first meeting with them as Narae's boyfriend, though she hadn't told them that particular detail yet.

It wasn't for any terrible reason that she hadn't confided in her parents yet, Narae honestly just wanted to avoid stress. The two of them were extra as hell so she'd rather deal with them when Jungkook and the others could act as a buffer, instead of facing them by herself.

"I told them to come at seven so there's still some time left. What are you making? It smells good."

Narae wandered over to the stove where multiple things were cooking and lifted the cover of one of the pots, smiling when the aroma of stew hit her nostrils.

"Your aunty dropped off some meat earlier on so your mum decided to make some stew. There's jollof rice as well and I made some Korean food too so that there's a variety – I'm sure the boys are missing the authentic stuff."