chapter thirty-six

surprise lmao !

━━━ ˚‧₊ july 2020₊‧˚━━━

"What was happening here?"

Narae and Jungkook were currently in the latter's room, the morning sunlight filtering through the curtains and highlighting the duo cuddling under the covers. Jungkook was sitting slightly upright against the headboard whilst Narae was nestled against his side, her head resting against his chest as she scrolled through her phone gallery. From his position, Jungkook had a clear view of her phone screen.

"Ah, that was when Sol and I decided to get our belly buttons' pierced. She chickened out at the last minute though, so I was arguing with her when Haneul-unnie took the picture."

This was how they had spent the beginning of their morning, wrapped up together as Narae shared stories behind each picture they flicked through. So far, he had learnt about her dyeing fail where she ended up with green hair, more about her time in ECLIPSE and her travel stories when she had been given a break. In turn, he had also shared stories of his pre-debut days, what it was like growing up in Busan and more about his pets who Narae was now completely in love with.

"And this one?" The picture she had stopped on was of a handsome Korean man in the middle of the street grinning widely as he gestured behind him.

"Oh! That was when my first billboard was up in Piccadilly Circus. My dad was so gassed, he had a whole photoshoot in front of it and sent me the pictures." A fond smile settled on her face as she swiped through the poses, each one more outrageous than the last.

"Hold on, that's your dad?" Jungkook was in shock, "He looks so young!"

"That's him." Narae stated proudly.

Jungkook head tilted to the side as he scrutinized the picture Narae had paused on, "You kind of look like him."

At his observation, Narae started laughing.

Jungkook was confused as to what possibly could have been funny about anything he had said, yet an involuntary smile crept up his face as he listened to the melodious sound. He rubbed her back jostling her gently as he spoke, "What's so funny hm? I want to laugh too."

He watched as she closed the app and opened another to send a message, receiving a reply almost instantaneously.

moon narae
Jungkook said I look like you

appa <3
Of course you do. You're my daughter.

Closing the chat after sending a heart in response, Narae adjusted her position so she was more comfortable. For her, this meant moving as close to him as humanely possible and entwining their legs. The more time they spent together, the clingier and more affectionate she got. If she had her way they'd be permanently entangled – and it's not as if Jungkook would object.

Finally achieving the position she desired, Narae spoke up to answer his question, "You know how I mentioned a while ago that my mum had me quite young?" Jungkook nodded as she continued speaking, "My mum had me at 17 and they're the same age, so yeah they're quite young compared to other parents with children my age. I was just laughing because we get that so much even though we're not even blood related, it's become a running joke. Jong-won is actually my step-dad, though I don't call him that. As far as I'm concerned, he's my real dad. The other man is just some sperm donor who fucked off once he found out my mum was pregnant."