chapter fourteen

━━━ ˚‧₊ february 2020₊‧˚━━━

After their night out at Signal and subsequent day of rest, BTS and Narae were immediately thrusted back into their regularly scheduled – if not more hectic – programming. Between Hobi's birthday, normal scheduling, promotions for Map of the Soul: 7, as well as preparing for the collaboration album; BTS was busy.

Narae also had her own commitments with fashion endorsements, TV appearances, recording features and working on her solo songs for the album, but the scale was a lot less in comparison to the boys. She genuinely couldn't fathom how they were able to do so much and not collapse every day. Watching the pace that they moved at made her head spin, but also made her determined to prove that she could stand alongside them and not come up short.

They were all currently in one of the practise rooms, rehearsing the choreography for Butter again, as they would soon be filming the music video to accompany the release of the song. Tianna had granted them an extended break of thirty minutes after monitoring their conditions and the progress they had made. The moves were a lot sharper and they were moving more cohesively as a group, but there was still room for improvement in Tianna's eyes. However, a break wouldn't hurt anyone.

Having regained some of her energy after resting, Narae made her way across the room to talk to Tianna. She fiddled with her hair as she did so, running through the choreo in her head. She was so caught up in her thoughts, she didn't notice when the bottom of her shoe came in contact with Jungkook's hand that was splayed behind him as he leaned back in his position on the floor.

A startled yelp from Jungkook made her look back and down at him, worry replacing her confused gaze as she realized what had happened. She quickly retraced her steps and crouched down to his level to take his hand in both of hers, holding it up to eye level and inspecting it for any damage, "I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention! Are you okay?"

Jungkook brushed it off, watching her in amusement as she twisted and turned his hand as if each new angle would magically reveal something new.

"I'm fine, don't worry about it. You're quite light on your feet so it didn't really hurt, my reaction was more out of surprise than anything."

"Are you sure?"

Jungkook licked his lips before sending a reassuring grin her way, "Yes I'm sure. You're looking directly at my hand, you can see there's nothing wrong with it."

Narae nodded back at him, taking one last glance at his hand that was still held in hers just to make sure.

"Why do you all have such pretty hands?" Narae mumbled partially to herself.

"What was that?" Jungkook asked her, not quite hearing what she had said.

"Oh, just that you guys all have such pretty hands. It's not fair." Narae repeated as she adjusted herself from her crouched position to be sitting more comfortably and cross-legged in front of Jungkook, her original mission of going to Tianna already forgotten.

It wasn't a body part that Narae typically paid attention to, but when she had drank with the boys and worked with them in the studio, she had noticed that all of their hands were rather nice and well-groomed.

They all had musicians' hands. Long, tapered fingers that looked graceful yet so strong. They were the hands that constructed songs that captured the world's heart and worked tirelessly at practice to put on performances that would resonate with one's soul. And still, they were so pretty in all their various sizes.