chapter twenty-one

━━━ ˚‧₊ april 2020₊‧˚━━━

Yoongi was stuck. Narae was stuck. Narae and Yoongi were both stuck.

They had been working for some months now on Narae's solo song; it was now April and they had reached a block where no progress was being made. Their birthday's had come and gone, winter had passed surely into spring, Narae had successfully recorded her songs with Taehyung and Jimin, Jungkook and Narae had watched four seasons of Death In Paradise and the boys had been working non-stop on promotions for their album. All this had happened, yet Narae's solo song still wasn't finished. They were at their wits' end.

But luckily, Narae knew just who to call.

"Ash? Hey, I need you to come to the studio real quick if you're not busy. Me and Yoongs need some help working on my song." Narae said into her phone, surprised that Asa had even picked up.

"Sure thing, will be there in fifteen." Asa replied before hanging up.

True to her word, fifteen minutes later Asa was at Big Hit, Narae coming down to the lobby to meet her.

"Oh God, thank you so much for coming - on short notice as well!" Narae said hurriedly, pulling the older woman in for a hug.

"Hey babe." A slow smile spread across Asa's face at the sight of Narae.

"Hold up, I know that tone." Narae squinted at her suspiciously and leaned in to confirm her suspicions.

When she realised she was right, she whisper-shouted, careful to not let anyone else hear her words, "Are you high?"

A lazy smirk was all she received in response.

"I should have known it when you picked up the phone! Can't believe you did this without me!" Narae pouted. She wasn't a big smoker like Asa was, but she did enjoy the occasional smoke session from time to time. With her schedule being as crazy as it was right now, she could have done with a little relaxation.

"I'll call you up next time okay sweetheart ?" Asa patted her head before sauntering past her.

Narae knew she would most likely forget her promise but she didn't mind, she had other ways to relax. She dutifully followed her to the elevator and they made their way to the studio. Yoongi and her had decided to use one of the main studios this time instead of his Genius Lab, as they had more space.

They both entered the room, Asa leading with a subtle bounce in her step. At the sight of Asa, Yoongi stood up to greet her and was surprised when she pulled him in for a hug, gently squeezing him as she did so. She got slightly more affectionate when she was high, and to be honest, whilst sober, she had always wanted to hug him.

"Hey oppa." She said as she pulled back and stared into his eyes with a half-smile, making him blush scarlet.

"Unnie stop, you're going to break the poor man." Narae sighed as she pulled Asa away.

It was true, Yoongi appeared to be malfunctioning. He was just blinking rapidly without saying a word. He wasn't sure what was happening. He had just gotten used to her presence and could hold conversations with her normally and now she had turned around and done this. This was new territory that he wasn't sure how he should navigate.

"Sorry." Asa did not seem sorry at all. "Anyway, play the song for me I want to hear what you're having problems with."

Happy to have something to do that wasn't thinking about the way Asa's body felt against his, Yoongi queued the song up and let it play over the speakers.