chapter twenty-four

━━━ ˚‧₊ april 2020₊‧˚━━━

Lately, Jungkook had been quite content. Though his schedule was packed back to back with promotions, practices and appearances, he had been feeling more at ease. He supposed he could owe that to the time he spent with Narae.

Ever since her birthday, where she had left to go see Jinhyeong and hadn't returned till morning, he'd made the executive decision to forget about his little crush. Though she had told Yoongi that her and Jinhyeong's relationship was strictly platonic, Jungkook didn't believe that flying back early, surprising her with flowers and taking her out for the whole night was something that most friends did. Thus, he had decided to take a step back as him and Narae were clearly going nowhere as she long as she was still entangled with Jinhyeong.

It was surprisingly simple for him to transition to his new state of mind – hanging out with Narae was fun and she was very easy to get along with. As he spent time with her and got to learn more about her, he realised his initial feelings were actually quite superficial. He hadn't really known her, so it was easy to get caught up in the moment and interpret his attraction to her as real feelings. Or so he told himself.

As long as he ignored the way she looked at him with those eyes of hers and that smile on her face as she discussed her favourite show, or how cute she looked the first thing in the morning rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, speaking to him in English as if he'd understand,  or the way she laughed when she teased Yoongi, he'd be fine. Just fine.

In pursuit of his new goal of Not Viewing Narae In That Way, he had rallied some of the members who were free,  to visit Narae on the set for the music video of her solo song. After a few of them had visited Suga when he was recording his Daechwita video, Jungkook had surmised that it was an activity that Just Friends would do, and so, the maknae line plus Hobi were currently on set.

Narae of course had been more than ecstatic and surprised to see the members, especially with the food truck that Suga, Jin and Namjoon had sent as they couldn't make it. They had snapped a few selfies and spoken to the videographers that were also on set before Narae had to prepare to record the next scene for the music video, with the boys staying to watch for a bit before they had to leave.

Up until that point, Narae had been wrapped in a floor length puffer coat to keep warm, as the room they were in was slightly chilly. However, when she slipped it off and handed it to a nearby assistant, Jungkook realized the fatal mistake he had made coming on set.

Now Jungkook had seen Narae in various attire. Pajamas and fluffy slippers in the morning, lunch outfits, sweatpants for practices and obviously the red dress (which he desperately tried to forget) that she had worn to Signal, but this outfit was something else entirely.

Her whole outfit consisted of black latex, moulded to her body like a second skin, emphasizing every dip and curve. A black latex sleeveless bodysuit with a zip running down the middle, as well as black latex gloves that ran up to her upper arms and a thigh garter around her right leg. As she bent over to swap her slippers for thigh-high boots – also latex – Jungkook almost swore out loud. The bodysuit was a fucking thong.