chapter fifty-six

*long chapter lol sorry

━━━ ˚‧₊ july 2021₊‧˚━━━

A week later, BTS and Narae were in Nevada, on one of their last stops for the tour. The previous tension had dissipated between them following their trip to the amusement park, though Narae was still a slightly more quiet version of her usual self.

She had been gradually spending more time with the other members again but even when she was present, it didn't really seem like she was present. When asked about it though, she easily brushed it off and said it was the sadness that comes with the end of a tour.

The boys could relate heavily to that sentiment. The tour hadn't been without mishaps, and it could be a stressful ordeal, but they wouldn't trade the chance to interact with their fans for the world.

Performing and travelling to different countries, experiencing the different cultures and meeting all sorts of people from all walks of life was something they would never take for granted. They were privileged, lucky and blessed to be able to experience something so wonderful, and the feeling of gratitude was deeper as they neared the end of their tour.

It was a similar sense of gratitude that Yoongi felt as he looked over at his girlfriend, swaddled up in the blankets of his bed, the morning light streaming through and casting a warm glow on her skin. It was like she grew more and more beautiful every time he saw her.

For Yoongi, it was hard to imagine a life in which they wouldn't be together. Despite the fact that they'd only known each other for about eighteen months, he couldn't really remember his life before she had appeared. When they were together, his days brightened considerably and when they were apart, she was constantly on his mind.

Not in an overwhelming way, like his life and actions revolved around her – but more in the way that she was a solid, constant, reassuring presence. He'd dealt with difficult things in his past, and still to this day had some off moments, but knowing that Asa was there beside him, physically or not, was enough to bring him peace.

He loved her with his entire being.

A quiet giggle brought his attention to what she was currently doing. She had her laptop open and was watching the VLive BTS had recorded the previous evening after their concert with a small smile on her face.

He loved when she looked like this, first thing in the morning, fresh with her face free of its usual makeup, her natural beauty on full display. He also loved the intense eyeliner and signature brown glossy lip, but there was something so wonderfully intimate about being able to see her bare face where others couldn't.

He supposed it was less about what she looked like, and more about what the look represented. This Asa was the Asa only he got to see. The woman who snorted when she laughed, that burnt her food every time she tried to cook, that secretly cried whenever she watched videos of abandoned animals being rescued and knew exactly how to touch him in a way that made him crazy.

This was the Asa that she shared just with him, and every moment and glimpse that he got into the person that she was made him fall harder and harder.

Asa laughed again with the snort that he had grown so fond of before reading out the comment that had been repeated so many times over the course of the live. "They're so funny, 'Yoongi marry me'."

"Okay."

She looked up from the bed to where he sat on one of the chairs, "What did you say sorry? I wasn't paying attention."