chapter twenty-two

━━━ ˚‧₊ april 2020₊‧˚━━━

Currently, Jimin and Narae were in rehearsals, running through the choreography for their song together. Their song was a more slow-placed one, so they had thought it best to incorporate a more contemporary style of dance for it. Though flexible, Narae rarely engaged in this style of dance, which meant that she was finding it difficult to keep up with Jimin who was professionally trained.

However, that was the least of her problems. Since morning, she had been experiencing cramps and they only seemed to be getting worse. Usually, her periods went by with mild symptoms that could be solved with medicine, however, on occasion she would get the worst cramps imaginable. Unfortunately for her, this was one of those occasions.

She was determined however, to get through their session. Jimin was already so busy with other things, she didn't want to waste their session time with something she believed she could just grin and bare with. With that in mind, she gritted her teeth and practiced her turn once more.

Jimin had noticed that Narae had been wincing and rubbing her stomach at points, but didn't say anything as he knew she was capable of making her own decisions and deciding what was best for herself. However, when halfway through their routine she doubled over and clutched her midsection, pain clearly etched into her features, he knew it was time to intervene.

Pausing the music, he immediately rushed over her to place a comforting hand on her back, concern seeping into his tone, "Narae-yah are you okay?"

Narae didn't straighten up, clearly the ache too much for her to handle.

"Pain." Was all she managed to get out before Jimin immediately took charge.

"Okay we're going home now, rehearsal is done for today."

Narae didn't even try to protest. She had been deluding herself earlier thinking she could continue to work in the state that she was in. Leaning against Jimin as they made their way to the car to go back to the dorms, she silently cursed Eve and every single fucking apple in existence for forcing her to endure this pain.

Once back in the dorm, Jimin led Narae to the couch, wrapping her in a fuzzy blanket and going to the kitchen to turn on the kettle. He disappeared to his room and came back with some tablets and an item in hand which he filled with hot water from the kettle once it had finished boiling. Using the rest of the hot water, he made a cup of ginger and lemon tea, adding honey to it for sweetness.

Jimin wrapped the hot water bottle in a towel for an extra layer of protection, and brought it over to Narae along with the tea he had made, before settling next to her on the couch.

Narae gratefully took the various items from him and used the tea to swallow the medicine he had brought for her, before holding the rubber bottle against her midsection. The warmth spread through her body, easing the cramps slightly and making Narae let out a relieved sigh as Jimin settled into the couch beside her.

"Thank you so much Jimin-ah." A thought suddenly occurred to Narae, "How did you know what was up and what to get me?"

"Ah... my girlfriend got really bad cramps and she always asked for tea and a hot water bottle each time. She claimed that they were the only things that really helped her." Jimin paused before laughing slightly, "Well that, and watching videos of all our performances from the beginning."

"She's a fan of BTS?" Narae asked surprised. This was the first time Jimin had ever mentioned having a girlfriend. She was intrigued at this new bit of information, watching as his eyes became gentle as he spoke about her.