ғɪᴠᴇ

ᴋᴀɴᴀɪ; ɴᴀɪ

ʟᴏs ᴀɴɢᴇʟᴇs, ᴄᴀʟɪғᴏʀɴɪᴀ
ᴊᴜʟʏ 25ᴛʜ

"So, he was at your house when you got there?"

"Yes."

"Do you think you have any idea who could tell him where you were?"

"I don't know."

I was kind of shaken up by everything that happened. I got myself out of it, but I don't know what I'm gonna do next.

I'm scared as fuck.

Part of me is telling me to move out of California. I've always wanted to go to New York. And the other part of me is telling me to just stay in California because I've started everything here.

After all, Santana is in prison and I hope he never gets out, but knowing him, he might. Even with him being there, his homeboys are still going to follow and terrorize me.

If I stay here, I have no escape from this bullshit. I hate it here.

I've accomplished so many things here, but I can't be happy when I know there's people following me for no fucking reason.

"Talk to me, Kanai. I'm here to help you."

"I'm answering your questions. What more can I do?"

"Answer my questions in detail. You've been coming here for six months and some change and you have not made a lick of progress. Talk to me."

"Okay."

"Now tell me, what did you feel when you walked into your living room and saw him?"

"I was shocked and I couldn't really even move. Fear just instantly rushed through my body."

"What did he say when he saw you?"

"Hey, babygirl. Did you miss me?"

"He said, 'Hey, babygirl. Did you miss me?' "

"Why did he call you babygirl?"

Bitch.

"It was something he always called me when we were together. He called me that when we first met, too."

"What did you say to him when he said that?"

"Nothing. I was speechless and scared. The only things that was running through my mind was that he was going to beat me to death."