ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ

sɪɴᴄᴇʀᴇ; sɪɴ

ʟᴏs ᴀɴɢᴇʟᴇs, ᴄᴀʟɪғᴏʀɴɪᴀ
sᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 2ɴᴅ

ʟᴏs ᴀɴɢᴇʟᴇs, ᴄᴀʟɪғᴏʀɴɪᴀsᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 2ɴᴅ

"Sin, you listening?"

"Mhmm."

My ass ain't heard shit about what my dad was talking about. I dozed off a couple times.

"Take that hood off."

"My ears cold."

"Take the fucking hood off and recite to me what I was just talking about."

"Da, you trippin, Man."

"My office after this. Take the hood off, take your hands out your pockets, open your eyes. Stay focused."

"I am focused."

"Sincere, I said what I said and I don't wanna hear no back talk."

I did as told.

I'm tired of these boring ass meetings. We've been having a lot of them lately because there's gonna be a big shift soon.

"Ain, I need you to do something you don't usually do. We low on people because they keep coming up dead," he said looking at Blac.

The only reason we haven't dropped Blac yet is because he's one of the OGs. He know LA like the back of his hand and he is usually in charge of telling our dealers where to sell.

Blac is like 30. He has 2 daughters and a son. We hate to take him away from his kids, but he's been real...I don't know. Eventually he gotta go.

We can't just fire him and move on. When you get fired from this job, you don't usually see the next day after you get fired.

That's just how this shit work.

"What I gotta do?"

"Make a couple drops."

"Why Meechie can't do it?"

Meechie always makes the drops. I prolly did this twice before.

"Because Meechie doing something else. Yo lazy ass don't need to question me."

"I'm just asking why he can't do it."

If you're wondering what my "assignment" is, I'm in charge of counting the money, determining how much drugs the dealers get and how much they're supposed to bring back.