Chapter 19

Malia POV:

Two days had passed at ngayon na ang balik ni daddy, I'm fortunate in that each time I leave at night with Jessan, Oliver, and Keirt ay hindi naman ako nahuhuli ni mommy for she's always late to get home at minsan ay hindi na namin naabutan ang isa't-isa.

Pero hindi pa rin kami nagkakausapan ng pormal matapos ang nangyareng sinigawan ako nito, at first I thought I was the reason kung bakit ito nagalit. Maybe she's not aware na gagabihin ako noon, pero parang there's another reason eh, I know she's busy with her work for dad's designated her to their company while he's on a business trip.

Another thing is hindi ko pa rin nasasabi sa kanya o sa mga kaibigan ko ang sakit ko. Mama Imee's already worried about me, pero bakit parang wala lang sa akin? Ayoko namang sabihin kay daddy for I want him to focus sa business trip niya as well as kay mommy but it's like kinamumuhian ako nito. Was there something I did incorrectly?

When I suddenly heard someone shouting downstairs.

"Are you that dumb Greggy?" it was mommy pala.

"Irene how many times should I tell you nothing happened"

"Well I am not that stupid to be fool with. You brought Eva in her room na naka-akbay pa siya sayo"

"That is because she is drunk, Irene. I was concerned about her safety, as it was late at night at kanina ang flight namin ang daming mga lalaking pinalilibutan siya sa bar ng hotel kagabi"

"Wow Greggy! Are you concerned about her? You haven't even addressed us as family, despite the fact that you're already on your trip"

"I tried Irene. I trie-"

"Did she kissed you?" upon what mom's said, I was so shocked and became nervous at the same time.

"Irene sto-"

"Did she kissed you?"

"Irene are you out of your mind-"

"I am asking you once again Gregorio. Did she kissed you!?"

"Yes! But it was an accident. Eva didn't know what she's doing because she's drunk. But after that she apologize-"

"So something happened between the two of you talaga?"

"Irene hindi sa ganon-"

"Make no excuses for the things that you literally caused Gregorio!"

"Irene she was inebriated, and as a man, it is my responsibility to carefully bring her to her room. Yes, she kissed me, but at that point, she's already lost in thought and has no idea what she's doing. Mostly, you are my wife-"

"Yes your wife. But just your wife"

"Irene, let's fix this naman oh. Eva wants to talk and apologize with you also. Please don't make this hard, we have children especially Malia"

"Malia? Right, did you know na halos hindi na nga kami nag-uusap kahit magkasama pa kami sa iisang bahay for I was so busy at the office habang wala ka? Then malalaman ko na lang na may ginagawa na pala kayo ni Eva sa ibang bansa. And if I didn't know you wouldn't tell me when you returned. Such an idiotic perspective Greggy-"

"You may address me anyway you choose, but please. Irene, please do not undermine our family's sincerity and bond with one another. Especially Malia, she's too young for this type of circumstance"

"Young to know everything that her father is a cheater"

Hearing such words from mom made me feel as if my world had fallen, and I began crying in response to the screaming they were causing. Why did our family eventually disintegrate? Does one of us did something wrong and this became the recompense?

"Irene, please don't make this worst. I understand you were hurt by what occurred, but please!"

I opened the door gently and took in what was already going on downstairs.

Dad's trying to approach mom pero iniwasan nito. At tinalikuran lang ni mommy si daddy at papaakyat na ito sa itaas na kaagad ko namang sinirado ang pintuan ko at baka kasi mahuli ako nito mamaya.

When mom returned to their room, I slowly opened the door and checked to see if daddy was still there. He was sitting on the couch. As a result, I went there and was going to inform him of my leukemia when he abruptly stood up.

"Daddy" I called him.

Nang tumalikod ito sa akin ay may kaagad na sinabi.

"Oh hi anak, did we wake you up? Sorry for the noise"

Kaya nagkunwari na lang ako na walang may alam sa nangyare at sasabihin na sana sa kanya nang bigla itong nagpaalam sa akin.

"Uhm hindi po. I don't know what happened nga po eh. I just want to talk to you po sana"

"Sorry Malia anak, but your mom and I are not on decent terms at the moment. I'm going to sleep at the office for the time being to allow your mommy to chill off. We can talk this tomorrow, all right? Goodbye" sabay halik sa noo ko at umalis na ito.

However, as he approached the door, he called someone and I heard what he said.

"Hello Eva can we talk?" dad's last words bago nakalabas ng pintuan.

A/N: My apologies for the brief update, I'm not feeling well today.