Chapter 38

The day has finally here. Today is the day to make a difference in someone's life. Today is already the day for others to rest. And today is the day for Irene to bring some light for Malia.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Irene POV:

"You ready?" Greggy quote me when I'm just finished preparing myself.

"I-I am. Just wait me downstairs" I answered and he just followed which I made my way to Malia.

"If you imagine this is my final encounter with you, you are mistaken. I will find you in every incarnation and I will always be your mother, my dear Malia. Ikaw pa rin ang pipiliin kong mahalin sa susunod na habang buhay" and kissed her from the nose to forehead.

"You're too young to rest this early, and as a mother. I will give everything just for you to be happy. I will see you on the other side. Mahal na mahal kita higit pa sa alam mo" I added and already exited the room.

It's 6:30 am palang and it's quite dark pa, even though I'm already downstairs I couldn't find Greggy. We're going to visit daddy's grave first, and my surgery in the hospital is scheduled around 3:00 PM, although the doctor advised me to arrive seven hours before to the surgery.

"Hey!" someone spoke behind me and offer me a slow dance.

"Hi! Aren't we going to left already? Baka magising si Malia, I can't go on with the decision I made mamaya"

"We still have a plenty of time, yet I want to have a last dance with you" he said and made me turn.

"Ikaw talaga Gregorio, but I just want to tell you something"

"That is, when I'm already gone, please look after our daughter and sons. You have the freedom to do whatever you want and to find another person who can bring you delight. I apologize for what I did to you back then, but I'm already letting you go now. From now on, you can love whomever you choose, as long as it makes you happy, and I want to see you happy. Just don't abandon Malia. You can create a new life and family, for sure I'll be very happy for you" I added.

"Stop saying that Irene, you think I'll be moving on that simple? You know that we've been together for 38 years Irene, I can't just replace you like that and no one could ever replace you. And even one of us is resting already, and what will happen after this will surely breaks our heart that we couldn't continue anymore, we hope that even if our eyes will never meet again, then perhaps our soul will. Even we can't continue our love now, maybe just and maybe there's a version of our story that made it work and had a happy ending. It just wasn't this in lifetime but perhaps in a million others there's a chance. And the memory of you, is so comfortable that it feels more than a home to me. Whenever my mind is lost, it always finds its way back to you. We are on endless journey through eternity. We have a lifetime after a lifetime. What we don't work out in one life, we will work out in another. I know you belong with me. Maybe in another world or lifetime, but I know you belong with me. And it's always going to be us Irene. My heart is and will always be yours" and after that he kissed me. A kiss that like a fire within your bones. A kiss like your soul returned to water. And a kiss that he's begging me to stay.

"Let's go na, I don't want to stay here pa. Baka mamaya someone will beg me to stay" I declare and he just nod while carrying the bag I prepare.

I stared this house for a while at pinalibot ang tingin ko. Especially to a family painting of us that is hanging through the wall.

"Even when I'm already gone. Remember I'll always love the four of you"

"There's no turning back Irene" I note to myself and take a deep breath decided to left the house already.