Chapter 23

Irene POV:

We're sitting in the hospital corridor right now, waiting for the doctor to give us more information about my daughter. Because she is still in her room.

I regret what did I said earlier kay Malia. I didn't know she's already suffering in silence and surviving without the help of us, her family.

"Irene!" I was taken a back for manang suddenly called me. I didn't expect na hindi sumama ang pakikitungo nito sa akin after what I said to her earlier.

"Y-yes manang?"

"Here, coffee" sabay abot nito sa akin.

"Thanks" I respond and there was silence between the two of us at the moment, Greggy on the other hand went to the comfort room. Tatlo lang kaming natira sa ngayon dahil umuwi muna sila kuya Bonget at ate Liza but they will come back here later.

"Are you angry at me manang?" I confronted her straightforward.

She just stared at me for a few seconds at hindi ko maiwasang mangamba, while waiting her to respond.

She took a deep breathe before speaking.

"Irene, let's set aside for now about what you have said earlier. Yes I want to be angry and avoid at you. But at this situation, uunahin ko pa ba ang sarili ko while Malia's in critical condition? I want to say things that could hurt your feelings and your responsibility to Malia as a mother, but I can't. For Malia was the one who taught me na magpakumbaba at walang patutunguhan kung away lang at galit ang uunahin. You know what Irene, you must be lucky for Malia's different, she's kind, too soft and too caring. But this world treat her so unfair, for she gave care on those people who needs it but she received pain and I cannot fathom how she looks so peaceful while other people are already stabbing her with hurt and suffering. But if you're going to compensate your lack being Malia's mom. I'm going to be the happiest person in the world. And I just want to remind you, hindi ako galit and our relationship as sisters will not be broken. Just, you need to get Malia's trust again and let's have faith for her to recover already"

"I will manang, it's all my fault. Even Greggy, he doesn't want to talk with me at the moment for he's upset about what happened. And I didn't know that nothing's happening between Eva and my husband. This is all my fault manang! I don't know if Malia can still forgive me after the words I've spoken out upon her kanina" I said while sobbing.

"Don't take the blame Irene. Of course Malia is not that hard as rock to avoid and be angry at you. Yes, nagkamali ka sa mga iniisip mo. But you can still fix upon what you did, all of us makes mistakes Irene. It takes a lot of time to regret, but trust me. In the end it's all gonna be okay. You can start building the love that you had as a family, it's not too late ading!"

"After what I've done to you manang, you're still the ate that I have. Thank you for understanding talaga" I repond and hugged her.

"Anytime bunso, manang's always here no matter what will happen"

Then Greggy came by at timing rin na lumabas na ng room ang doctor ni Malia.

"How is our daughter doc?" Greggy note.

"Mr and Mrs. Araneta" she took a deep breathe at first that alarmed us of what she's trying to say but we didn't deemed the act she's trying to say.

"Doc be straight to the point please!" I said and didn't noticed that my voice suddenly raise.

"I-I'm sorry" I apologized after.

"It's fine Mrs. Araneta, your daughter can be awake at any time. She fainted because her platelets had become dangerously low as a result of her previous bleeding. According to the lab results we obtained earlier, her leukemia can become severe in a matter of days if she does not begin chemotherapy as soon as possible. I've already told her that she should go through the time she brought here with Senator Imee. I'm sorry to break it to you, Mr. and Mrs. Araneta, but your daughter already requires some medications to survive the condition she is currently in. Even she'll undergo chemo, we can't be so sure that-"