Chapter 40

Malia POV:
(This letter was handed by Oliver to Eva as a request for her to make a letter to Malia. But unfortunately, Eva wasn't able to do it for it's too late)

Dear Mom Eva,
You're quite a handful might I say, but I couldn't care less. I'm much more of a handful
than you already are. I'm writing this letter to ask for your help even if it goes against my will. I know you aren't really busy—you're a stuck up CEO with nothing else to do. (I say these things because I'm dead, I know you won't come for me mom , but that's okay. After all the things I did to you, sino ba naman ako para ituring mong anak ulit). But as you said, you'll do anything for me to forgive you and I guess this is one of those. I was wondering if you could write a eulogy for Malia, it's her request. Yes, I know it'll befuddled you dahil it's kind of inappropriate to write a eulogy sa taong buhay pa. But it's her request, at first I was kind of disappointed yet wala akong magawa. For I love her . I've got everything covered, but my thoughts are pretty much all over the place-I cannot fathom them into constellations. I know you write better than me and you've got no choice, but to fulfill a dead man's wish (my time is also approaching because of my situation mom). You could mix and match some things up, but I want the message to remain the same. I want you to let Malia know exactly what I felt for her. Here's the thing about Malia: she's not like any other girl I've met before—she's fun, unafraid, and always up for adventure. She's not obsessed with leaving a mark like everyone else. But I want to leave a mark—a mark on her heart because it bothers me so much that one day, she might wish upon a fading star, and tell all the gods watching that she wants to stop the pain, and just forget about me. I want her to remember me. I want to leave a mark. But mom: The marks humans leave are too often scars. (Or at least that's what they say. I really can't put everything I have in mind into one coherent sentence. Sorry. Or maybe I'm not really sorry.) Malia is different, like I said earlier (See, I couldn't even remember what I just said minutes ago). She walks at a brisk pace—like always. She knows the truth that we are more likely to hurt each other as we are about to help each other. She does not want to be remembered, she does not want to leave a scar, but I can't imagine the world without her. It would be a sad, sad world that would not witness her beautiful smile or her funny laugh. The world needs to see how beautiful of a person Malia is. My Malia. I love her. God, I love her. I'm so lucky to have loved her out of the billions of people in the world. Malia has hurt me in ways I couldn't bring myself to understand, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I hope she feels the same.

This letters resembles how loyal was Oliver and the fact that he was about to forgive his mom. But did he?

"You ready?" I was then taken aback when someone spoke beside me and it was mom.

"Y-yes I am" I exclaimed. Today is my operation and for Eva to donate her heart. After that incident, a lot of happenings had occurred. I was kind of disappointed to what mom did yet after all we reconcile. Wala naman akong magagawa,she's still my mom at marupok pa rin ako pagdating sa kanya.

"When you wake up, we'll be the one in your side" dad added and kissed my forehead.

Then I saw that one patient is giving a walk of honor in the hallway. I wasn't wrong for it is Eva.We already talked earlier and we already  forgive her about what happened. Sometimes, forgiveness is the only way for you to live. The whole family are also here except for mama Meldy, and they've been comforting me since yesterday.

"Ms Eva is already at the operating room Mrs. And Mr. Araneta. Shall we?" Dr. Ysabella spoke when she entered the room.

And as a respond, I just nod and the whole family looked at me.

"We know you can do it, I love you" mom and dad concur and kissed the both of my cheeks.

I also already bid my goodbyes to the family especially mama Imee who's very sensitive since last night.
.....