Chapter 28

Malia POV:

While I'm on my way na sa sasakyan, I suddenly saw a familiar car. Perhaps kay daddy yun, but teka. Did he called mom na pupunta siya?

As a result, I called him nalang to tell na tapos na ang libing. But when his phone's ringing ay lumabas na ito ng sasakyan and he's with someone. Wait, is that Eva?

"Daddy!" I suddenly called him at napatingin naman ito kaagad sa akin na parang he's hiding something.

"A-anak! Is the burial of Oliver done-"

"Opo, kanina pa po, in fact pauwi na nga po kami ni mommy. You're with Eva pala" I cutted him.

"Y-yes anak, nagpasama-"

"Greggy" I was taken aback that mommy's already beside me. Oh God.

"H-honey, are the both of you will heading home naba?" why does daddy suddenly change the topic while Eva's behind him.

"Yes we are, see you at home" mom told dad at hinila ang kamay ko para tumungo na sa sasakyan.

I can still hear that daddy wants to say something behind. But I can't look back na for mommy's kind of aggressive sa pagkapit sa akin kaya I let her na lang.

When we got inside the car, I have a lot of questions roaming in my mind. I want to ask mom but I think she can't answer me for we're still mourning about Oliver. Additionally mom didn't start the car yet. I was quiet the whole time and the urge of me to ask mom is still a want of mine. Kaya hindi na ako nagdalawang isip para sabihan ito.

"Mom?"

She just fixed her gaze upon me and smiled. But there's truly something wrong for I can see in her eyes that she's about to cry. Naguguluhan na ako.

"Mom can you please be honest for me? It's quiet concerning that you and daddy are cold to each other. You're the one who's there for me, ask how I feel and care about my beings. But now, let me the one who'll ask you that question. What's really happening mommy?" I declare.

"It's nothing anak. Really" all she just said but I don't believed her. For now I can see already the pain in her eyes, the pain of love that can't rebuild.

"Mommy please"

She took a deep breathe while her phone's ringing and it's dad who's calling. Perhaps for me, they're trying to give space from each other and here is the result. Kaya I let her not to answer the call of daddy and tell me about her problems but I fail. For she wants the problem fixed by herself.

"Anak, you know what. I'm really fine. Me and your daddy are in good terms, it's just normal. It's okay that he didn't make it to Oliver's burial but we'll see him at home in awhile naman" she answered but that's not the response I want to hear.

"Mommy, this is not about me. This is about yours, kayo ni daddy"

"Malia anak, I said we're fine earlier. Okay? Let's go home and bake some cookies? That's sounds nice right?" all she note so I didn't force her nalang baka mamaya ay mapuno at magalit ito sa akin.

I just nodded while mom's already starting the car. I shift my gaze sa side mirror and saw daddy and Eva returned to their respective cars. Sino naman kaya pinuntahan nila? Does Eva has a relatives in every cemetery here in the Philippines? We encountered each other twice already, baka sa susunod na libing na pupuntahan namin ni mommy nandoon nanaman siya.

I want to cry right now but I can't for I'm thinking that mom has a problem that she's been through. Baka mamaya ay nagiging pabigat pa ako sa kanya, Oliver doesn't want me to be weak in these times. Kaya I'll do my best and stand in my own feet incase I'm in my lowest.