Chapter 24

Malia POV:

I just finished my chemotherapy, the whole family didn't agree upon what I said to mommy.They most emphatically want me to survive. But undergo in chemo is harder than I expect, I feel tired and the lack of all energy are already destroying. But what else can I do, they want me to suffer in pain just to be alive.

"And that's it Lia. Your first round of chemo's already done. Does it hurt?" the doctor suddenly note.

"Thanks doc. N-not that bad naman po. Am I going to stay in this hospital po ba doc?" I asked while mom and dad's beside me.

"No dear, pwede kanang umuwi what we did is to help alleviate cancer related signs and symptoms by eliminating some cancer cells in your body. But as of now, you can already return sa room mo and I'm just gonna talk sa parents mo okay?"

I just nodded and was sat in the wheelchair accompanied by the nurse pabalik sa room ko. While mom and dad are talking kay doc.

When we entered the room, it was only mama Imee who's there.

The nurse help me para makabalik sa hinihigaan ko also the support of mama Imee helped me. I can handle myself naman talaga, but those people around me seems so protective.

"You okay na po ma'am?" the nurse asked when I'm already settled in my bed.

"Yes, thank you po"

"Just wait na lang po for the further anouncement, you will discharge within the day naman po"

"S-sure thank you po again" I respond and the nurse left the two of us ni mama.

"M-mama" were the words come out to my mouth and cannot fathom how I feel after the incident that happened.

"Shhh, it's okay. Everything's going to be fine, we'll get through this" she retort.

"This is all my fault, I-I'm so sorry. Kung sinabi ko sa kanila noon pa lang, this will never happen. The conflict between you and mommy, because you're involve in this situation I made. When the doctor said that I do have already this condition sana hindi na ako nagdalawang isip for all the people not to worry me, kasalanan ko to. Mamamatay rin lang naman ako ang dami ko pang dinamay-"

"Do! not say that Malia. It's no one's fault anak. What you did was for yourself and for the people you treasure the most not to harm you. You're so strong, and don't say things that are impossible to happen, for we know gagaling ka. And we're going to bond again as mag tita right? All of your cousins nasasabik nang makita ka, specially mama Meldy. She didn't stop praying and have faith to the Lord just for you to be okay. Don't lose hope Malia may awa and Diyos. Above all, we're still here, your family" mama state then hugged me. I hugged her back as tight as I can and suddenly the door opened and it was mom and dad entering the room kaya kaagad kaming kumalas ni mama sa isa't-isa then she wiped her tears.

"W-what did the doctor told you about Malia, Irene?" mama then asked.

"Malia can go home na ate, the doctor just prescribed the medications that Lia needed. In the other week na naman kami will return here for the next cycle of her chemo"

"Good, I'll follow na lang sa bahay ninyo. Bonget and mommy are already there na same as to her cousins. Someone called me from the senate lang saying it's urgent. Pero pagkatapos I'll directly head there" mama Imee said and already get her things then kissed my forehead pero nang papaalis na ito ay hinawakan ko sa kamay.

"Mama" she suddenly know what I meant.

"Susunod ako, I'm not going to leave you. Mabilis lang si mama" then I just nodded and released her hand. Nang nasa pintuan na ito where mom and dad are. She told them something at lumabas na ng room.