Chapter 31

Malia POV:

Mommy left me dito sa hospital, which I do have a feeling of curiosity upon her action and the way that she spoke to me earlier. I want to follow her together with mama Imee mamaya but she stopped me and advised that we shouldn't head there, are they hiding something?

"Doc Ysabella!" another doctor appear at the door na parang may hinahabol na pasyente.

"Y-yes?" Doc Ysabellla answered.

"Can we talk doc? I just want to make sure about the lab test I did awhile ago"

"S-sure we'll talk outside Doc Tolentino" Doc Ysabella note and left me with the nurse to accompany by myside.

"You're the only princess of the Marcoses right?' the nurse suddenly asked me na parang nasa late fifty's na ang edad nito.

"Opo" I shortly answered and slightly smile to her.

"You're so brave hija, you know what. Among all those patients who aged like you are so afraid and others cried during this session. You're the only one who does look calm and not afraid"

"Wala naman po kasi akong magagawa, this chemo's still useless for I'll die anyway in the end naman. All of the people who undergo in this situation suddenly die. This was my family's decision naman po not mine"

"No hija, you may felt like dizzy and unconsciousness sometimes but you'll never regret that your family did undergo this situation for you. It's for your own good"

"I hope so" I spoke and suddenly the door opened revealed Doc Ysabella at bakas sa mukha nito ang pagiging malungkot. Perhaps one of their patients sadly passed away.

"Malia honey, is your mama Imee will be here?" Doc suddenly came to me and hold my hand. Is there something confidential about me? Maybe she'll tell a bad news. Sana wala naman.

"Yes po, why po? Is something wrong po ba about me? If that, just be straightforward and sabihin niyo na lang po sa akin"

"But this is your family's obligation honey"

"I insist doc, malalaman ko naman din po sa huli. It's better that the patient will know din po" pagmamakaawa ko na alam ko na sa sarili ko that there is really something wrong already.

"Are you sure?" she asked me again and I just nod for an answer.

"Okay, we'll talk after your session. It's about to end na naman"

When my third cycle of chemo has ended ay wala pa rin si mama Imee. She texted me that she's been stocked on traffic which is understandable naman sa akin. On the other hand, I keep on calling mom and dad, pero ni isa sa kanila ay hindi sumasagot.

The nurse guided me to Doc Ysabella's room at sinabihan ko rin ito na kapag may naghahanap na sa akin ay ituro na lang ako rito.

"Yes honey, do you want me to come inside you?" the nurse said which I can see to her as a mother figure to me.

"It's okay na po. Ako na lang" I said at pumasok na.

When I entered the room, Doc's in the center while reading some documents. Nang nakita ko nito ay pina upo ako kaagad.

"Oh you're here na pala, come sit here Lia" she offered me na kaagad ko namang sinunod.

"Are you sure you want to know this alone honey? We can wait to your mama Imee-"

"Yes doc I'm sure, just tell it already" I cutted her and the tears in my eyes wants to fall abruptly but I suppressed it.

"I'm very sorry to tell Malia" I was taken aback hearing those words.