Chapter 30

Irene POV:

Weeks had passed, everything's not normal anymore between the relationship sa aming dalawa ni Greggy. He's not on time being home everyday, minsan ay he sleeps on his office na. I don't know if the connections flowing upon the two of us was still there. Yet, it's already time for me to file. I also saw him with Eva twice already when he said he's on his office yet the both of them were in the mall.

"Mommy?" I was taken aback when Lia spoke. Were on our way to the hospital as of now, it's already the third cycle of her chemo yet pumayat ito.

"Y-yes honey? Kanina mo pa ba ako tinatawag?"

"Hindi naman po, I'm just asking if naka uwi ba ang daddy kagabi?" she asked. I can't tell her that both of us ng daddy niya are still not reconcile yet, pero ayoko naman na pati siya ay madamay sa sitwasyon naming dalawa.

"Uhm no anak. Your dad didn't returned home last night. But he texted me na there's somethings critical sa kompanya kaya hindi siya naka uwi.

She just nod as an answer. I also sensed na there's something's wrong sa anak ko. Simula noong umuwi ako and both of us ni Greggy fought in silence sa room ay naging mas tahimik na ito.

"Honey do you have a problem ba? It seems that this past few days you're very quiet" I asked.

"W-wala naman po mommy. Wala namang nagbago sa akin"

"Are you sure? What about your friends? Jessan and Keirt? The three of you didn't meet since the burial of Oliver. Do you want to bond with them sa bahay later pag uwi natin? You can call them"

"Hindi na po kailangan mommy, we talked naman sa chat and asked each other. Sa susunod na lang po" she quote and smile bitterly. Pero hindi pa rin ako makampante.

"Anak, if you're worried about sa amin ng daddy mo, don't be ha. There's nothing wrong between the two of us okay? If yan ang nagbabalibag sa iyo"

She just nodded again which I didn't comfortable for her attitude. Hanggang sa makarating kami ng hospital.

We first asked at the information that we have an appointment today for Dr. Ysabella Santos and then the nurse accompany us to the room.

When Lia already began and the IV was already plugged in her, while I'm holding her right hand. My phone suddenly ring. It's manang Imee pala. At first I don't want to answer at tatapusin muna ang session ni Lia but Lia suddenly suggest that she can handle na and I should answer the call perhaps it's important.

"Let's just finish this muna anak then mommy will answer" I insist pero nagpumigil pa rin ito.

"No mommy, it's mama Imee who's calling perhaps it's important po. Kaya sagutin niyo na po, Doc's here naman" she said kaya pinaubaya ko muna ito and get out to the room.

"Hello manang?" I spoke to the other line.

"Irene mabuti naman at sumagot ka, where are you?" she note and it looks like that she's trying to catch someone.

"I'm here at the hospital manang, it's Lia's chemotherapy session today why?"

"I need you to be here sa office ni Greggy right now!" banggit nito kaagad na parang I need to know something immediately.

"What? Why? Walang kasama si Lia dito manang-"

"Ako nang bahala basta pumunta ka dito ngayon din Irene. I assumed a lot of things noon and expect that wasn't true but I was mistaken. I'm on my way jan sa hospital, ako nang magbabantay kay Lia and just lie on her that you have something to fix and I was the one who declare it"

"Can you please tell me manang if what's already happening-" suddenly she ended the call already.

"What did just happened?" I utter to myself and get back sa room para makapag paalam muna kay Lia and to tell her I need to fix some things and it's very urgent. Sana naman ay huwag itong magalit.

Pagkapasok ko ay, it's look like that she knows what happened for the worry and nervousness in my face, kaya pinangunahan ako nito.

"Mommy bakit mukha po kayong nabigla? Is there something wrong po ba?" she said.

"Nothing's wrong anak, your mama Imee called and wanted me to go sa company lang. Me and your dad needs to fix some things lang. For she's been there kanina and your dad needs me at the moment. I'm sorry to tell you, but your mama Imee's already heading here and can you continue your day with her na lang? Mommy's very sorry anak for I'm leaving already"

"I-it's fine mommy but, do you want us to head there sa company ni mama Imee after my session? We can wait you there-"

"No! I-I mean both of you should go home or be somewhere else. Just don't follow me okay? We'll see each other later naman" I note and kissed her forehead then already headed to the parking lot.

While I'm on my way sa company, I can't fathom how I feel because of manang Imee's call earlier. Ano bang nangyare at dapat kong malaman? Also I've been contacting Greggy kanina pa, pero hindi ito sumasagot, even manang. All she just said is kailangan kong makapunta ng kompanya.

"God! What's happening and what will be happen later for me just please guide me" I murmur to myself as I'm already near sa kompanya.

I continuously called Greggy habang nandito naman na ako. Thank God he answered but it looks like he's talking with someone else or napindot niya lang. He's not responding although he answered my call.

"Hello Greggy?" I said but he's having a conversation on the other line and it's look like they're arguing with each other.

"Eva just please apologize to Irene after what you did! No matter what will happen she's still my wife, I can't lose her both of them ni Malia"

"It's just like that Greggy? You d-didn't f-feel anything w-when I k-kissed you?"

Hearing those words made me shattered into pieces, so the two of them does have a relationship with each other talaga? This is impossible! I was not mistaken to the things that I presumed in the first place. I just stayed silent while listening to their argue while making my way sa office nito.

"You said it was an accident Eva! Yet you did that on purpose?" Greggy concur.

"I already kissed you twice Greggy, none o-of it was an a-accident! I can't f-fathom how I feel towards y-you already. What w-we have in the p-past still haunts me and s-still in my heart!" Eva spoke and I didn't sensed that my tears already cascaded. So thankful that I'm all alone here sa elavator.

"And it's on my past Eva! The past cannot be happen in the present! I already have a family and most of all I'm married! I did loved you in the past but look at what you did! It's your loss not mine! I agree about these collaboration with your company for I think business is business. The connection between the two of us was already dead! I'm sorry Eva but I love my wife and let's just end this collaboration"

"No! Please Greggy t-this is n-not happening" Eva concur and it looks like that Greggy touched the phone at naibato ito kung saan. I can't hear anything already at sakto namang I'm already outside of his office and immediately opened the door.

What on earth did I just saw wants me to die all of a sudden. For I caught them in the act of Eva, kissing in front of Greggy's desk.

"Irene!" Greggy shout when he saw me and pushed Eva which made me immediately left and proceed to the parking lot to get home already.