Epilogue

Malia POV:

Sometimes villains are victims as well, victims of love, admiration, or even society. They put up with situations for which we have no explanation. All they want is to be loved and accepted, yet the perceptions of others have destroyed their morals. I, too, have negative sentiments about heroes from time to time. If the hero recounts the story, the villain will always be the villain. They were the antagonist in a hero's story, but they were also the victim in their own. In a nutshell, they're survivors who have to deal with a variety of challenges. I don't consider Eva to be a villain in my story, but she is one of my heroes. A hero that I didn't anticipated to come along and save me. And she showed me that my heart could be closest to what I am farthest away from.

"You two are already together up there" I remarked as I placed the flowers on the both grave. A year has passed. It's been a year since Eva saved me and Oliver died. But they're always there and living in my heart. In the middle of the night, I can still hear their echo trembling inside my head. Even if it is painful, I must accept reality. Accept the fact that grief never truly goes away. It may become softer and gentler over time, although it may still feel harsh on some days. The severe fog may return some days, and then decrease again the following days. It's all a perpetual ebb and flow of sadness and joy, anguish and beautiful love. Just like Oliver had taught me about love.

"But before I go, I made a letter for you Oliver and Miss Eva, do you want me to read it?" I asked and then suddenly a there's a massive wind that made my body outbalanced, perhaps it's one of them.

"Nandito pala kayu, but I guess I should read it" I note and already stood up.

"So here it is" panimula ko.

"Dear Oliver,

These days are slow and painful, but I promise I will not let your two deaths be in vain. I miss everything about you: your voice, your smile, your touch, and the exquisite shade of blue in your eyes. I've sifted through images and notes, trying to figure out why the apparently love of my life decided to take to the skies. I don't believe God intended for you to leave the manner you did, but I believe He is working even in the midst of it. And remember that day in my dream when you promised me we'd meet again? After then, it never happened again. But I'm not upset about it; in fact, you've jolted me back to reality. In actuality, I should have moved on, but your spirit and presence are tormenting me because I can't accept it. But now it's forced me to. Despite my cries and shouts, God has not abandoned me, and He is still the one who redeems. And there were now terms to describe your commitment and strength. Andto Miss Eva, if you still believe I didn't forget but forgive, you're mistaken. I've already forgot and forgiven you, and I hope the two of you have reconciled up there. And, most importantly, Oliver: this is not a fight I would choose, but I promise you, we will not lose. Happy 19th and 18th birthdays to us," I say as I finish reading the letter and blow out the two cakes in front of me.

"I'm just gonna leave this two cakes here, ha. Yes if you're here you're gonna tell me I'm wasting foods, pero para sayo naman yan at sa atin" I note and already bid my goodbyes to both him and his mother.

"In every lifetime, I want you to be mine" his words echoed as I'm walking behind his grave na kaagad akong napalingon ngunit wala namang katao-tao sa likuran ko. But I know, it's him. It's always gonna be him.

When I get in my car, my phone rungs telling it was mom who's calling.

"Hi honey, where are you?"

"Hello mommy, just visited Oliver and tita Eva's grave. Napatawag po kayu? Did something happened po ba?" I said.

"No honey, there's nothing to be worried about. I just want us to meet, is it okay?"

"Of course mom, I'm sorry if hindi na kita naabutan kanina sa bahay. Same as to dad, but I'll be heading home naman po" I note.