C h a p t e r 3

Chapter 3 : MadelynMonday, November 21st, 2022

Chapter 3 : Madelyn
Monday, November 21st, 2022

I watch as Kiana leans up to kiss me, but I dip my head down instead, placing my lips to her collar bone right where the stem of inked thorns curled across the skin.

"Sorry." She breaths against my neck as I withdraw my fingers from inside of her, rolling to lay down beside her naked body.

A thin layer of sweat licked up her front from the heat of her orgasm, but it wasn't her fault I didn't experience the same. My head just wasn't in the right space right now.

"S'okay." I panted, resting my one hand against her stomach and feeling her racing heart against my palm.

Kiana opened her eyes to look at me with a turn of her head, but she knew I didn't come.

"No it's not." She quietly protests, climbing on top of my body and tucking a few strands of my hair behind my ear. "This was supposed to be your distraction, not mine."

I sighed softly as her mouth came down to my neck, gently sucking the skin in between her teeth, but I wasn't relaxed as my hands moved down to her waist.

"Kia." I mumbled as I held her hips from rolling against me, feeling her pause against the sensitive spot on my throat.

I couldn't do this right now.

My body eased only when she got the hint, propping her hands on either side of my face so she could look at me.

If I had a mirror, I'm pretty sure the only thing I'd see in myself is guilt.

"It's okay to grieve, you know?" She says, instantly causing my expression to harden as I slowly sit up in the twin bed of Kiana's room.

She slid off of my lap to beside me as she pulled some of the bedsheets over her bare body, my feet doing quite the opposite as I slid off of the creaking mattress.

"Madelyn—"

"I'm just a little distracted right now." I interrupted what sounded too much like concern, slipping on my pants that were just slightly too big for my body. "I need to be in quad seven—"

"For the big presentation, I know." Kiana says, righting herself as she turns her body towards me.

I let her squeeze my hand in the comfort she wanted to offer me, but I quickly slipped away as I stood fully, tying up my shoes and fixing the collar of my shirt.

It was a presentation my father needed me there for the sole reason of showing what a great, happy family we were, and it has very quickly become my least favourite pastime.

Cameron Monet, the half brother who took the hint that I wanted nothing to do with him within a week of meeting each other. His mom, the woman who smiled way too much at me as though she could just sense the restlessness winding inside of my stomach.