C h a p t e r 28

Chapter 28 : AlecSaturday, December 3rd, 2022

Chapter 28 : Alec
Saturday, December 3rd, 2022

"She's still upstairs." I hear Caleb say in a hushed tone as I enter the grand living room before me. Sitting there on the couch with him is Xavier, all of us having felt a little quiet ever since our private doctor went upstairs to commence the appointment we'd made for Madelyn.

He'd been up there with her for five hours by the time he left, only breaking once for lunch where Madelyn had been completely and utterly silent. Not a word came out of her, but we didn't try to pressure her either. 

The important thing was that she was talking to somebody. It's the only reason I hadn't entirely been flipping out that another man was alone with her that wasn't the three of us.

I trusted Dr. Jerry Earnshaw with my life, but with Darmonio somewhere out there, I was always on edge when it came to my princess. 

By the time he'd left with his briefcase, it had felt like a relief, however that was only after he spent another hour answering all of our questions. Despite her absence upstairs, Madelyn had given him full permission to discuss with us any kind of diagnosis and treatment plans they'd concluded upon together.

"She's probably all tired out." I say as I move to take a seat on the armchair diagonally from both of them, resting my body back after an intense morning of non-stop work related phone calls. It felt good to relax, even if it wasn't under the brightest of circumstances. "God knows what she's opened up about." I sighed and leaned my head back, closing my eyes at the thought of how messed up everything has gotten.

A year ago I was ready to get down on one knee and propose to the woman who was undoubtedly and forever the love of my life. 

Now I'm worrying about the fact she's going back on the same drug that made her this way, even if it was so the dosages could be reduced over time to minimize the withdrawal symptoms. Helping her with that is something I have no problem with, but it's the fact of why she needs to go back on them in the first place that makes me so worked up. 

"I don't care if that asshole didn't take my mother's life." Xavier growled in Italian as my eyes reopened, finding his dark and vacant. "I will spend years taking his for what he did to her." He continued, but I knew the her he was talking about wasn't Alessia. 

It was Madelyn.

"Not without my permission you won't." A seductive, beautiful voice carried all of our attention to the top of the stairwell, the words being spoken in the same tongue Xavier and I were raised with.

Instantly I felt the energy in the air spike as Madelyn came down the stairs in a nightgown meant to torment, my cock jerking at the realization it was a piece I'd personally picked out for her a year ago to add to her closet. 

If I'd seen her wearing this then, I would've bent her over the chair I was sitting on now and taken cruel advantage of the access the slip of fabric gave me.