C h a p t e r 10

Chapter 10 : MadelynSaturday, November 26th, 2022

Saturday, November 26th, 2022

I groan as I peel my eyes open against the brightness of the morning, my head turning to see a spread of large windows along the one wall, their curtains pulled away as much as the thick fabric would allow.

It was as though they'd been intentionally drawn open to their widest abilities, not allowing an inch of sunlight to be prevented from reaching my protesting body.

Moving to sit up to close the damn things myself, a rattle at my ear causes my body to freeze, my head whirling to behind me, or rather to the headboard I was connected to.

At a single glance, I became all too aware of the house I was in—whose bed I was currently chained to by a pair of handcuffs and my right wrist.

"Oh, you've got to be fucking kidding me." I gape as I tug again, just to be met with the same stupid clatter of metal against wood.

"I'm quite serious actually." A sensuous voice drags my attention to right in front of me, my stomach flipping at who was sitting on the bed with me, his back leaning against one of the four thick posts around the mattress.

Right there at the foot of the bed, Alec sat in a pair of black jeans and a white t-shirt, one that hugged his frame too much for my liking. His expression was one of observant calmness, the kind that seemed to come so naturally to him.

In combat with my angry glare, we made quite the combination.

"What happened to the sweet touches from last night?" I asked as I pulled some of the sheets over my body, becoming increasingly aware of the fact that someone had changed me somewhere in the time period it took for me to wake.

The old me would've felt embarrassed and flustered at the thought that he might've been the one to do it, but now I was just pissed and ready to bite his head off the second the opportunity arose.

A faint smirk appeared on his face in response to my question as his head tipped slightly to the side, my mind refusing to acknowledge the fact that action had my heart speeding against my chest.

"I've already made the mistake of trusting you once to not run from what's good for you." Alec drawls as he pointedly looks at my left arm, the result of what happened the last time I ran. "And anyways, having you chained to my bed is much more fun than me getting to clean up after more of your messes, don't you think?" He smiles, knowing the fact that being back here was getting to me.

Back in this stupidly perfect mansion I once considered a home.

"I never asked for you to clean up after me." I scoffed as my gaze turned over to my newly bandaged arm, my skin free of the blood that had spilled from it only hours ago. In lifting it caused for the sheets around me to move, though, my eyes narrowing at the sight of many more bandages I hadn't even noticed until now.