C h a p t e r 36

A/N: Currently unedited (meaning it's really not my best work). I'm sorry, I'm trying my best, life is just busy. I love you guys ❤️

Chapter 36 : XavierSaturday, December 24th, 2022

Chapter 36 : Xavier
Saturday, December 24th, 2022

Her sharp squeal of amusement brings a smile to my face, a sound I haven't heard in all too long. With her hair tied up and her hands trying to cover her grin, Madelyn has never looked more beautiful.

With a proper diet and exercise, she's been able to gain back some of her weight, the dark circles under her eyes beginning to fade.

Our girl was healing, and I simply couldn't imagine a better sight.

"Ah, give us a twirl!" She smiles as Alec dramatically shows off his specialized apron before concluding things with a bow, knowing he secretly loves it even if Caleb was just trying to fuck with him.

"Good boy." I shoot him a wink with a laugh creeping out of my throat, earning myself a smack and a shove against my chest before I could step out of his way.

Out the corner of my eye I could see Madelyn walking over to the counter where the stools were, clearly mistaken that she was here to watch and observe. Just before her ass dropped into the chair, Caleb's arms wrapped around her midsection and lifted her up, earning us all a shocked yet excited giggle.

"I told you you were going to suffer with me, silly girl." Caleb shakes his head before dropping her between Alec and I, an apron of her own being tossed over her head only seconds later.

She looked cute like this and ever so slightly disheveled, offering the perfect combination of adorable and fuckable.

Everything.

"If you don't quit your drooling we're never going to get to see Caleb kill himself over these cookies." Alec snaps me out of it even though the bastard was probably thinking the same damn thing.

He does have a point though.

Caleb was leaning against the counter behind us in his calm, pretty boy manner, hoping that Madelyn could distract us enough to keep him from the pains of cracking an egg or some shit.

If only he knew.

My mother's favourite recipe for Italian macarons is going to send him to hell and back. And we're just going to ignore the fact that it brings back memories of my dead-undead mom.

I felt a finger brush gently against mine, immediately pulling me back from some of the darker thoughts that began to travel through my vision. Madelyn wasn't looking at me but she'd picked up on my sudden shift anyways, subtly reminding me I wasn't on my own anymore. I had a family, even if it wasn't officially complete yet. Yet.

Soon, we all fell into the motions of baking together, and it was easier than breathing.

Caleb grew miserable within seconds of Alec making him crack all of the eggs, having him scoop out each individual fallen eggshell while he swore at them for slipping through the fork.