Chapter 1: A demon's routine

It was an early morning for the demon boy. He yawned and stretched out his wings as he got out of bed. "Hissss" hissed his snake companion Earl, who's horns needed sharpening. Reggie nodded at Earl before grabbing the tools required to sharpen his companions' horns. "Up" Reggie spoke as he held out his arm. Earl slithered up onto the demon boys' arm and tilted his head so that his small horns could be sharpened.

After the weekly sharpening Earl slithered off of Reggie's' arm and prepared the herbs for delivery. "Thank you, dear friend. Would you like anything from the humans' Encanto?" Reggie asked. "Hiss" Earl said, shaking his head and handing Reggie the deliveries. "Alright. Please make sure that the next batch is ready and healthy for harvest." Reggie said before he left the house, entering a portal that led to the human realm.

Upon arriving he touched the ground and looked at the sky to get accustomed to his environment. He was in the forest that was on the outskirts of the human village. Reggie brushed his tail against the trees as he walked towards the village. After finding a clearing he stretched his wings and flew over to the human town; making sure to not drop any of his deliveries.

Reggie enjoyed his trips to the human realm to deliver his goods. The human realm was so different from his own, the sun light made the human realm brighter, and its residence were less deadly looking. As he made his way to each house; collecting money and dropping off people's orders, Reggie had noticed that the Madrigal family had started to do their work.

He saw Mirabel making sure that the Casita was ok, he saw Agustín gathering wood before seeing him running away from bees, and of course he saw Camilo playing tricks on people in a light hearted fashion. But there was only one member of the Madrigal family that Reggie wanted to see. Luisa.

Reggie enjoyed talking to Luisa. Although they don't get to talk much as Luisa often had lots of chores, Reggie enjoyed her company and admired how hard she worked. "Hey Reggie, are you ok?" Reggie snapped out of his thoughts when a calming voice spoke. It was Luisa, she was on her way to get the donkeys, again. "Yes, yes I am fine. Thank you for snapping me out of my thoughts." He replied. "Oh, it's not a problem. I should let you get back to your deliveries." Luisa said as she awkwardly scratched the back of her neck. "Ah yes my deliveries. Speaking of them your mother ordered some honey crystals, so expect that in your meals soon" Reggie awkwardly said. "Will do." Luisa replied, giving him a wink and a thumbs up. "Luisa the donkeys!" "On it! I better go. See you around." She said before she ran off.

"Y-yeah see you around!" Reggie waved as he watched her run off. He looked at his list to see who was next to receive their order. It was Julieta and her order of honey crystals. "What a coincidence." Reggie thought; he put his list away and walked to the Madrigals' Casita. Upon arriving at the Madrigal house their casita greeted the demon boy with a melody, "Hello to you to Casita. Is Julieta home? I have her delivery." Reggie asked. The house moved its floor tiles, inviting the demon inside. "Oh, are you sure? I don't want to intrude." The house understood Reggie's concerns however it insisted. "Alright then" Reggie stepped inside just as he did the Casita took him to the kitchen, where a note was placed on the counter. It said 'Dear Reggie, please leave your delivery here. The payment is right next to this note. Thank you. I really appreciate you giving me a recipe from the monster world. I'll let you know if my family likes it. Julieta Madrigal' Reggie read the letter, he took the payment and left the order in place of it.

As He walked out of the kitchen Reggie ran into Isabella. Her outfit was colourful with dark blue as the base on which the brighter colours were layered onto. "Why were you in the kitchen?" Isabella asked with a raised eyebrow. "Oh. Your Casita let me in so I could give your mother her order. There's a note on the kitchen counter." Reggie replied as he nervously played with his hands. Casita chimed in by moving it's floor tiles, "I see, well thank you for the delivery." Isabella said. "It's no trouble at all Mrs Isabella. I should get going now, these packages won't deliver themselves." Reggie awkwardly laughed at the end before he walked out of the Madrigal house.