Chapter 32: Moving house

They arrived at the Madrigal house. Casitas' doors opened to signal a greeting, causing Riley to scream. "AH! MOVING HOUSE!" They frantically jumped into Tara's arms. Tara caught the screaming rat and rolled her eyes "What's that matter Hun? Scared of a sentient house?" Riley rapidly nodded "Me mama warned me about moving houses. Said that they eat little children." Reggie held in a giggle, while Tara smiled "Darling, you're not a little child." Riley thought about it for a bit while rubbing their chin. "You make a good point. Sorry house. Um, you can put me down now." Tara nodded before she dropped them. Riley landed flat on their butt; rubbing it as they stood up. Mirabel swung the front doors open, shouting "Hola Reggie-aaH." She hid slightly behind the doors as she looked at Tara, Riley and back to Tara. "Hey, Reggie. Who are your friends?" she asked in a timid tone. The demon looked at his monster pals before kindly looking at Mirabel, "These are my friends. Tara and Riley." Tara walked forward and held out her hand "Pleasure to make your acquaintance." Mirabel came out from behind the door to shake the centaurs' hand. "It's nice to meet you too. Tara?" Tara nodded her head "Correct." "And you must be Riley?" Mirabel questioned as she looked at the large Rat. "That's right. Nice to meet cha." Riley replied joyfully. "Your mother invited us to dinner." Reggie stated, "After Riley said that they enjoyed her food." Mirabel had the biggest, smug smile on her face. Tara caught on to what Mirabel was thinking and gave a similar look, "This means we'll be meeting that girl, right Reggie?" Tara asked. Reggie was stunned but before he could answer Mirabel interrupted "Reggie, what does she mean by 'That girl'?" Reggie slightly blushed as he played with his claws. "Nothing. Nothing at all-" "She's talkn about the strong human" Riley interrupted "The one that looks like a teddy bear. Reggie said that she's got a voice more pretty than sirens." Reggie tried to cover his rat friends' mouth, but Riley kept talking and moving around. Tara quietly laughed to herself at the pair's shenanigans. Mirabel awkwardly watched the two before deciding to intervene, "It doesn't matter. Why don't you all come in? I can introduce you to my family." Reggie and Riley froze as Tara nodded. "That sounds lovely. Come on you Riley, we don't want to make a bad first impression." Tara said while gesturing Riley to come to her. "Yes Ma'am." They answered before scurrying to the centaurs' side. Reggie quickly composed himself as he walked into Casita with the others.