Chapter 27: It's okay

Luisa whipped the sweat off her forehead as Reggie walked over. "Hey, Luisa." Luisa turned and looked down at the demon. "Hey, Reggie. Delivery day?" "Yes. Yes, it is. I came to give you your drink." the demon rummaged around in his bag, before frantically panicking. "No, no, no, no." He quickly whispered to himself, his hands started to shake, and his eyes began to water. Luisa leaned down and gently grabbed his hands, "What's wrong?" she asked calmly. Reggie quickly turned his head to look at her "It's not here. Your drink. It's not here." he croaked. Luisa gave him a reassuring smile, "It's ok Reggie." "No, it's not ok. I said I would make you a drink and I don't have it and now you'll. You'll." Reggie's' throat clogged up as he started to cry. He couldn't move, his breathing sped up, and he just stood there, shaking in front of Luisa. Luisa began to panic; she'd never see Reggie get upset like this. "Hey, it's okay." She looked around, "I'm going to take you somewhere quiet. Okay?" Reggie weakly nodded. "Good. I'm going to pick you up. Nothing bad is happening." She reassured the weeping demon. Luisa carefully picked him up bridal style and held him close to her chest. Reggie curled up in Luisa's arms; he held onto her shirt tightly. Luisa wanted to protect him, he had been nothing but nice to her and was one of the very few people who showed appreciation for all her hard work. She ran over to Casita with the demon still curled up in her arms. Reggie quietly sobbed into Luisa's chest as anxiety-filled thoughts flooded his head. "I'm so stupid. She hates me. I mess everything up. I can't even remember to deliver a drink." "Reggie. I'm going to take you to my room. Alright?" Reggie quickly nodded. Luisa arrived at her room, she opened the door and sat down on her bed. Casita closed the door behind the pair, leaving the two alone.

Luisa looked down at the shaking demon, she gently stroked his hair to calm him down. Reggie's shaking slowed down, and his breathing was becoming regulated. "It's alright. Everything is ok. I'm not mad at you and I'm not upset." Luisa whispered. Reggie shifted himself so that he could look at her. His eyes were red, and his face was covered in tears, "I'm sorry." he quietly sobbed. "It's okay Reggie. I forgive you but you did nothing wrong I promise." Reggie sat up and positioned himself so that he would be straddling Luisa's lap. Luisa could feel her heart flutter, "Brain, this is not the time for this. Calm yourself." She thought. Reggie looked into Luisa's eyes and asked "Promise?" Luisa held up her pinkie, not breaking eye contact. "Pinkie promise." Reggie copied her action; he wrapped his pinkie around hers and gave Luisa a small smile before whispering "Thank you."