Chapter 25: Run from a thought

It was a peaceful morning in the monster world. Reggie had woken up to the sound of bacon cracking. He made his way over to the kitchen, to find Earl making breakfast. "Morning." "Hiss. Hiss his." Earl hissed, placing the freshly cooked food onto a plate for his demon friend. Reggie kindly took his food and sat at the table. "Thank you for breakfast." "Hiss." The snake continued to make food for himself. As Reggie finished eating, he washed his plate and got his deliveries ready. Once they were ready, he rushed out the door, "I'll be back soon." He said before leaving Earl to his own devices.

Over at the Madrigal house, Luisa had woken up early to go for a quick run around the Encanto. She wanted to clear her head before she had to do her chores, however, her mind had other plans. '"Luisa I can't get up." "Don't worry Hun, I'll carry you." "Oh Luisa, you're my hero. So buff and strong". Stop! Stop that! Stop thinking that!' She thought. She ran and ran until her mother called her for breakfast.

"Luisa, could you please move the table outside?" "Yes, Mama." She answered. She grabbed the table and set it outside. Mirabel pulled up two chairs, one for herself and the other for her strong sister. Once the table was set, and everyone had their food, Mirabel waved at Luisa to signal her to sit beside her. Luisa noticed and sat down next to her smaller sibling. "So did anything interesting happen yesterday?" Mirabel asked. Luisa gave her sister a confused look, "What do you mean by interesting? It sounds like you're insinuating something." Mirabel smirked "I saw Reggie go into your room yesterday, and he seemed a bit flustered. Care to explain?" Luisa's eyes widened as she realized what her sister was implying, "No, no, no. It's not like that. We just built sandcastles because sandcastles are fun. Don't give me that look. Nothing happened, at least nothing like that." "Oh. So, something else happened?" Luisa's cheeks puffed up in frustration and embarrassment, "No. You know what I mean. Just. Just drop it and eat your breakfast." "Alright, alright. I will." Mirabel said as she stared at her sister while eating.

As quickly as breakfast started it ended and the Family; more specifically Luisa ran off to do their chores.