Chapter 19: Such a strange world

They arrived at the village, Earl poked his head out from the bag and looked around. Reggie looked at him "Is the helmet helping bud?" "Hiss." the snake nodded. Reggie decided that they would walk to Casita so that Earl could take in the human world. Earl watched his surroundings as the demon walked him. He was filled with curiosity, he admired the building's structures. "Hiss hiss hiss?" "I believe it's so that they can keep cool in hot weather." "Hiss." They kept discussing theories about human life before eventually arriving at the Casita.

Reggie was about to knock on the door when suddenly Casita opened its doors for him. "Hello to you too Casita." Casita moved its upper windows to say hello back. Reggie smiled and carefully took Earl out of the bag, gently holding him. "Casita, this is Earl." "Hiss." Casita moved its tiles in response, "Hiss?" "Casita said 'it's nice to meet you' " "Hiss." "Now that formalities are out of the way. Casita, is Luisa home?" Casita shifted its outer tiles and dragged the demon boy in. Earl slithered back into the bag so that Reggie didn't have to hold him. A voice could be heard from the kitchen, "Reggie? What are you doing here?" "Hello, Miss Julieta," Reggie replied as he walked to the kitchen. Julieta was making food so that people could store her healing products in their houses. "I came to visit Luisa. Is she here?" Julieta looked at him with a smile "Yes. She's in her room. And thank you for the delivery, my family enjoyed the meal." Reggie scratched the back of his neck "It's no problem, Miss Julieta. I'm happy your family liked it." "And I'm glad Luisa has someone to talk to. She's alone most of the time and I know she has her sisters but it's nice to know that she has someone outside of the family." Julieta said while finishing up her cooking. Reggie's heart slightly dropped, he couldn't believe what he was hearing. "I'm glad Luisa's my friend. She works hard and I enjoy her company." Julieta smiled at this. "I've kept you here long enough. You can go see her." Reggie nodded "Thank you. I hope the cooking goes well." He walked away but as he did Julieta added "It always does." Reggie giggled as he made his way to Luisa's door.