Chapter 28: Comforting kisses

Without thinking Luisa softly kissed Reggie's forehead. Reggie's eyes widened; his mind filled with a million thoughts. "What just happened? Did that happen? Is this a sign or is this how humans show comfort to others? AHHHH!" "You humans sure are strange." He said gawkily. Luisa was puzzled by this "Did I do something weird? What did I- Oh, OH." she buried her face in the palms of her hands. "What's wrong? Did I say something?" "No. You didn't do anything. I just. Stupid." Reggie quickly kissed the top of Luisa's head to comfort her. Luisa looked up from her hands with a pink blush across her face "Why did you do that?" she asked. Reggie was confused "Is that not how humans show affection? The comforting kind?" Luisa looked away as she scratched her cheek, "It can be. It's just that it's usually a thing that couples do." Reggie blushed "I-I see." he stuttered.

Awkward tension filled the room as the two sat in uncomfortable silence. "Luisa?" "Yes?" Reggie anxiously played with his hands, "Did you mean to do that?" Luisa pondered on the question "I didn't. I'm sorry I wasn't thinking when I-" Reggie cut her off "Don't apologize. It was nice." he said bashfully. She gave him a small smile "It was?" Reggie nodded in response. Luisa softly chuckled, "I'll keep that in mind." Reggie took a deep breath before inching a little closer to her face. Luisa's heart was racing, and her eyes became relaxed; she gently wrapped her arms around the demon's waist. Reggie felt like his heart would burst out of his chest, he was just inches away from Luisa's face and he could feel her strong arms around his waist. He softly cupped Luisa's cheek in his hand, "Luisa I-" suddenly he was interrupted by a loud knock.

Camilo opened the door "Hey Luisa, that donkey guyis complaining about the donkeys escaping, could you just." he looked up at thepair, "Oh Reggie, I didn't think you had it in you. AndLuisa, is this why you ran off with him in your arms? You two are nasty." heteased. Their eyes winded. Luisa quickly stood up and placed Reggie on her bed."Camilo, it's not what it looks like. We weren't doing anything like that. Wewere just." Luisa tried to explain, "Just about to do the dirty cha-cha slide."Camilo stated. Reggie had a flustered expression "We were not." he added. Theshapeshifter ran away shouting "Oh Dolores!"