Chapter 29: Fangtastic bloodies

Reggie flew back to the portal at a rapid pace; he was not expecting any of that to happen. He entered his house and grabbed his chest, panting "What just. What just happened?" He looked around to see that the house was empty. There was a note on the kitchen bench that read "Dear Reggie, I will be gone for a week or so, as I have been called to a meeting with some Minitours down in Dungeon Drue. Don't worry I have made sure that you are taken care of. I asked our friends to stay at our place for the week, they will arrive at 12 o'clock. There is plenty of food, make sure you eat and drink, and stay safe. From Earl."

Reggie looked up from the note and turned to the clock. "So, they should be here right about-'' the doorbell rang, interrupting the demon's thoughts. He rushed to the door and swung it open, "Reggie! We aven't see ya in a while!" shouted a large humanoid rat. They had a rough, British accent, and were slightly hunched over; they stood around the same height as Reggie, but they had a far more muscular build. They had dark charcoal fur, ash grey eyes, and some jagged teeth sticking out of their mouth. Their upper body was very muscular, but their legs weren't, this caused them to use one of their arms to hold up their body. "Riley, calm down. You're going to scare the poor boy." a calm, feminine voice said. "It's alright Tara, I needed this energy." Reggie responded. Tara stood next to Riley; she was a centaur with bright, long blond hair, brown fur and blue eyes. She, like Riley, did not wear a shirt but unlike her rat companion she wore a deep brown bra. She was a lot taller than the other two monsters and was quite chubby.

"Please come in." Reggie said as he moved out of the way. The pair walked in and sat down at the dining table. The demon made a cup of tea for all of them before he joined them. Tara kindly took a cup, "So what have you been doing lately? Any new tales from the human realm?" she asked. Reggie took a small sip from his cup "I've been quite well lately. I'd even say I've been wonderful." Riley stared directly into the demon's eyes while taking a long sip of tea. "So, who are they? By the look in your eyes, I can tell that someone's given ya butterflies." Reggie almost spat out his tea "How did you figure it out so quickly?" he asked in disbelief. The rat laughed before they took another sip, "You're too easy to read mate! It's yar eyes, they tell me everything." Tara giggled at her companion's bluntness, "So, who are they?" she asked with a smug grin on her face. Reggie regained his composure "Well, she um, human." his curious friends leaned in while they took another sip of their drinks. "She's extraordinarily strong for a human. Her strength rivals that of Hercules. She looks very intimidating but she's like a soft teddy bear, she gives the best hugs, and I'm not convinced she's fully human because she has a voice that sirens would envy." The demon gushed. Riley and Tara looked at each other, nodded, then looked back at Reggie. "Can we meet her? Perhaps you could take us to the human world." Tara said eloquently. "Please Reggie? Pretty please with a nice cherry on top?" Riley added.

"I don't see why not. As long as you don't cause any trouble it should be okay." Reggie stood up and took away the teacups to put them in the sink. He walked over to the portal "Come on then."