Chapter 21: Bad taste

Antonio and Earl left the pair to go have a lovely chat in the animal child's room.

Leaving Luisa and Reggie silently staring at each other, until Luisa broke it. "Uh come in. Sorry for the mess." She said as she walked back inside. Reggie nodded and softly smiled "I'm sure your room isn't that messy." He followed her; closing the door behind him. The demon was mesmerized by the space; he looked around and was astounded by how big the room was.

The room had indeed changed itself to be a tropical beach; it had a staircase leading down from where Reggie and Luisa were standing that led to the sand. On the shore, there were numerous bits of workout equipment made out of stone and bamboo, and the large body of water looked exactly like the ocean; the only difference was that there were no animals in it and there were walls, limiting its space.

Reggie's expression was that of amazement. "She wasn't kidding. This room is a beach." He thought to himself. Luisa led him down the stairs, to the main part of her beach. "Can I get you anything? Food? Something to drink?" Luisa asked. "Oh, no thank you. But thank you for the offer." Reggie replied. They stopped at the beach's shore; Luisa looked down at her hand, not knowing that she still had the drink Reggie had made for her. She quickly drank it; her face went from confused to surprise to disgust and back to confuse again. "I'm guessing you don't like it?" Reggie asked as he used his feet to play with the sand beneath him. Luisa put on an uncomfortable smile, "No, no. It's-It's great." she said unconvincing, Reggie raised his eyebrow; his face said 'Really? You're not fooling anyone "It is good." Luisa kept trying to reassure him. The demon gently held her hand, "If you don't like it, that's ok. I know you're not going to like or love every drink. I'm not going to take it personally if you don't like it." he said as he softly smiled. Luisa was slightly taken aback by this "A-Alright." she quietly stuttered, "I didn't like the drink that much.... The flavours were not that good." she said, looking down. Reggie nodded "Then I won't make that drink again." He carefully took the drink's glass out of Luisa's other hand and put it back in his bag. "Hey," he said softly but Luisa kept looking down; Part of it was because she felt guilty the other part was that she was freaking out. "Is he truly not upset? Is he just saying this, so I'll feel better? Why is his voice calming? Luisa, please get it together" She thought to herself. Reggie looked concerned for the tall girl "Luisa are you okay?" he asked gently. Luisa nodded her head slightly as she continued to look down. Reggie gently rubbed her hand "What would you like to do?" he asked. Luisa tilted her head up but avoided looking at the demon "Could we.... Build a sandcastle together?" she asked nervously before quickly saying "Unless you think it's childish then we can swim we don't have to do that-" Reggie cut her off "I'd love to build a sandcastle with you." Luisa's face lit up with joy. "Really?" she asked. Reggie nodded and smiled "Really, really." he replied. Luisa excitedly ran to her cupboard to get the tools to make a sandcastle, with a big grin on her face.