Chapter 23: See you tomorrow

Reggie crawled over to and sat next to Luisa, admiring her build. He leaned over to look at all the fine details she had added to her work. The strong human sat there anxiously "Please don't hate it. Please don't hate it." "Luisa." Reggie said coldly, "Huh? Yes! I'm here." the demon sat back up. He looked directly into Luisa's eyes; she struggled to meet his gaze, "Luisa. It's beautiful!" he cheered. "It is?" Luisa asked confused, Reggie's face lit up with joy "Yes! It's so detailed and so intricately made. It's truly a work of art, and I love the little donkeys you added." Luisa gave an embarrassed smile, "Thanks. I like your work too. It's super creative and I'm confused but also not confused about it. It's cool." She replied. Reggie gently scratched his cheek, "I'm flattered." he said. They continued to talk about how much they admired each other's work until Reggie had to leave.

"It's getting late. I'm sorry I have to go but I'll see you again tomorrow." the demon boy said as he stood up. Luisa copied his actions, "Yeah. See you tomorrow." She walked Reggie out of her room. They walked together to pick up Earl, "Did you and Antonio have fun?" Reggie asked his snake companion. Earl slithered into his bag and nodded, "Good." "Earl was nice." Antonio said, "We had some tea and did some drawing." "Sounds like you two had a lovely time." Reggie then turned his attention to Luisa. "See you tomorrow." "Yeah. You too." Luisa replied. The demon took off and flew back to the portal home.

Luisa gave a small wave as he flew off; her face forming a goofy smile. "See you tomorrow." She whispered to herself. She walked back to her room with a dumb smile on her face and Reggie's smile on repeat in her mind. She flopped onto her bed, grabbed a pillow, and started to fangirl. "So cute. Demon is cute. Reggie is super cute. He has a voice that could calm Cerberus." She thought as she tossed and turned with excitement.