Chapter 13: Party time and lovely night sky

"Hey, Reggie. Wait, Reggie!?" "Yes, Camilo that is my name," the demon said to the confused shapeshifter "I didn't know you were coming." "Neither did I, however, I got a personal invite from your cousin." "Let me guess, Luisa?" Camilo said in a smug tone, before morphing himself into his strong cousin. Reggie smiled and nodded "Yes she did. Speaking of Luisa, do you know where she is?" Camilo morphed back into his original form "Yeah. I think she's upstairs." "Thank you." As Reggie walked in, Camilo shouted "Good Luck, and have fun." Reggie was slightly confused but yelled back "You too."

The house was vibrant and full of light. Music could be heard throughout the entire Casita. People were laughing, dancing, and having a good time. Reggie looked around but he couldn't find Luisa. He walked over to a far corner to avoid people. He wasn't familiar with human gatherings and didn't know what to do. As the demon was about to space out, he heard a familiar voice. "Reggie you came!" Reggie looked up and sure enough, it was Luisa. His face lit up with joy, "Yes of course. I wasn't sure what to do so I just sort of went into a corner in hopes that no one would question me." He quietly laughed, scratching the back of his neck. Luisa smiled "Well I'm glad you could make it. I was looking forward to seeing you." She looked at the demon's outfit and blushed "You look good. I mean you always look good. It's just the outfit looks good on you, and you look good." She quickly said, trying not to embarrass herself. Reggie's face turned red "Th-thank you. I-I like the flower in your hair. It's really pretty. And you are pretty. The flower and you are pretty." He stuttered and looked down. They both giggled at their awkwardness. They talked for a while, smiling, laughing, and overall enjoying each other's company.

As the night went on the music got louder and people were starting to get tipsy. "Luisa." "Yes?" "Could we please go outside? The noise is getting a bit overwhelming." Reggie asked; his face looked scared as if he was almost about to cry. Luisa looked at him concerned, then softly smiled "Of course, we can." She said, as she gently grabbed Reggie's hand and guided him outside. Reggie slightly blushed, "She's, she's holding my hand. Wow her hand is soft." he thought as he was being guided. When they arrived outside Luisa asked "Is this better? Are you ok?" "Yes, it's much better. Thank you, I appreciate you taking me outside." "It's no problem. I get it. Being overwhelmed is stressful." "Yeah." They stood in silence for a bit before Luisa broke it. "Would you like to sit on the grass? It beats standing up and we can just relax." Reggie nodded "That sounds lovely." The two went to a large patch of grass and sat next to each other. Reggie looked up at the night sky and smiled "It's beautiful. Your sky. I've never seen it at night before." Luisa did the same "Yeah I guess it is. I've never really taken the time to see it." "It's a lot different from mine. In my realm, it's always quite dark. Our sky at night is pitch black, no stars but a few pretty things." "What is your world like? You've never really talked about it before." The demon looked at the strong human and she did the same to him. "My world is very different. Our day looks more like the light of your night and our night is pure darkness. Half of us are sensitive to light so our world uses lots of dim lighting. Those of us that can manage bright lights make adjustments for those who can't." Luisa was intrigued by this, she found it interesting to hear about how different her world was from Reggie's. "Wow." That was all she could say in response "I think you'd like our places of entertainment. We have lots of taverns for people to hang out, work, sing, dance, and just overall let loose and have fun." "Maybe one day you can take me there." Reggie pondered on this for a bit before responding "Maybe I'll be able to take you if your family is ok with it. I know you still have lots of work to do even after-" Luisa looked down. Reggie stopped himself from finishing his sentence "I'm sorry. Is it not something to talk about? I didn't mean to make you upset." Luisa looked at him "It's ok. It's not a sensitive topic. It's just that, even after our family was torn apart and after Mirabel helped fix it. I still feel all that pressure." Her eyes started to water, she forced herself to smile so that Reggie wouldn't be alarmed. He didn't know what to do. So, he did the only thing he could think of. He moved closer to her and gave her a big, tight hug. Luisa was stunned by this, she nervously hugged him back. "Is it ok if we stay like this for a while?" Luisa asked, hugging him tighter. Reggie nodded in response "We can stay like this for as long as you'd like."